Futures (ES) and NinjaTrader for non-US

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by karnak, Jan 10, 2021.

1. karnak

karnak

I'm from Slovenia :)

My application at PhillipUSA was approved and I get this mail from NinjaTrader:

"As a reminder, our account minimum is $400. Once your funds have arrived, you will receive a username and password for your account along with details to activate live market data."

Does this mean that I have this market data for free and I just need to deposit $400 and can start trading? Still confused here :)

#11     Jan 14, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Don't read too deeply into it. Just deposit your $400 minimum and start trading with the live market data.

Consider yourself lucky, because many folks don't even know what continent Slovenia is on.

#12     Jan 14, 2021
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

If you can trade off 15min delayed market data, then that's much better, ask them about that :)

Bet we'd still find a way to screw that up LOL

#13     Jan 14, 2021
  4. I think you also need to buy a live data subscription. There are many options for live data providers, such as iqFeed, but they are expensive.

Instead, you can buy the live data feed with tick data from the broker (NinjaTrader or AMP) for about $25 per month.

Since you're not in the USA, would also recommend trading through a US based server. Instead of running the ninjatrader software on your home computer, it would run 24/7 on your server instead. Then you can use a remote desktop connection on your computer or mobile phone to connect to the server for manual chart trading or running an automated strategy 24/7.

I'm using www.ninjamobiletrader.com for the US server. Everyone always recommends speedytradingservers, but they charge $100 per month for a 4GB RAM server, whereas ninjamobiletrader is only $60 per month for the same thing. I've used both but ninjamobiletrader is $40 less for the same thing, so I use the $40 per month savings to go towards live data feed instead.

I'm using mostly Mack's price action trading scalping method, so it's important to always have the chart up. With ninjatrader on my server, I switch to my phone when I need to get up and run errands. I also have custom indicators on ninjatrader and custom entry rules so when I see an entry coming up on my phone, I can place the trade and never miss an opportunity because I wasn't at my computer.

#14     Jan 24, 2021