futures down---looks like ths is the start of the sell-off!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Nov 23, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

what if 1388 is taken out?

#21     Nov 24, 2006
  2. wavelink

wavelink

[​IMG]

The top is very near

#22     Nov 24, 2006
  3. wavelink

wavelink

[​IMG]

Another divergence between HangSeng and Nikkei. The future is very gloomy for those that choose to ignore the warning signs.

#23     Nov 24, 2006
  4. wavelink

wavelink

Then 11/22 was the top

#24     Nov 24, 2006
  5. wavelink

wavelink

#25     Nov 24, 2006
  6. S2007S

S2007S

wavelink great charts....especially the comparison to the Nikkei and Hangseng

#26     Nov 24, 2006
  7. do you think any fund manager would liquidate something before the year's gains are calculated and bonus are paid?

the total return is what counts.....cash is part of the portfolio.....bonuses are paid based on the total returns of the portfolio......positions+bonds+commodities+cash+etc=total portfolio returns

if i had large cap dow stocks in my portfolio i would sell them now and buy them back a whole hell of a lot cheaper....same thing for a bunch of nasdaq snp 500 stocks......damn chtr is around 2.76......it was 1.08 in august just as an example of the kind of price appreciation for stocks like ibm, xom, goog, bidu, appl....and on and on.....actually if i was managing a large fund i would sell a lot of inflated positions and lock in my gains for the rest of the year.....or better yet ....start shorting this top to the first pullback support level.....cover let it pop.....it will be a lower high....and then short again til the end of the year....you will have people who want to buy the pullback....but they missed out.....we never have had the september pullback.....so my ta says pullback....repop by latecomers....."but lower high" and then selloff of lower highs all the way down as comps will hurt yoy comparisons for earnings with the added pressure of slower gdp growth in us......money goes overseas....us markets go down further.

#27     Nov 24, 2006
  8. you suck.

#28     Nov 24, 2006
  9. Almost looks like a mirror image fold-back that inverted.

....interesting, chartist.

#29     Nov 24, 2006
  10. Nobody gives a tinker's damn about anything you mentioned. Even if your beloved nemesis, Bushitler, got an RPG up his ass his administration is winding down and fast approaching irrelevance. The Dems hold Congress and Chimpy McSatan has run his course.

#30     Nov 24, 2006