Futures down big 06:08 PM EST

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PoundTheRock, Aug 28, 2005.

1. TGregg

TGregg

2. I guess you guys didn't notice unleaded gas is up .19 a gallon from the Friday close. Probably going up limit ".25" before the night is over.

#12     Aug 28, 2005
  3. I thought I'd scalp a quick couple ticks on the bonds, put my order in......down goes the TWS!!!!
    Bonds go way up, I think I'm ok...get the ole computer restarted(It had to be me) and my TWS is completely BLANK, make a phone call, get the message, use the IM feature, "call Hong Kong" you want me to call China? "no, Hong Kong" Bonds are dropping....'BING' I'm filled AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it out OK, but DAMN, I'm thinking conspiracy.

#13     Aug 28, 2005
  4. All these crashes traders experienced with TWS are putting me off opening an account with IB.
    On the other hand IB is the only discount broker to offer software my mac supports.
    Have I got any choice?:confused:

#14     Aug 28, 2005
  5. Gasoline prices keep rallying.

#15     Aug 28, 2005
  6. Chagi

Chagi

Somewhat off topic, but if all goes well, you'll be able to run pretty much any trading platform full speed on a Mac once Apple switches to Intel chips in 2006 (since VirtualPC won't need to emulate the processor).

#16     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Appreciate Chagi- I almost forgot the chips switch-:)

#17     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Holmes

Holmes

Swing trade, don't scalp. Trade Eurex that has native stops.

Sherlock

#18     Aug 28, 2005
  9. I don't swing trade; I like trading nasdaq stocks straight out of the gate and get rid of them few minutes afterwards.

#19     Aug 28, 2005