Futures Down Again Part Iii.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Interesting.. Do you mind going into a bit more detail on how you use the VIX?

#21     Nov 28, 2006
  2. most of my strategies rely heavly on volatility.
    i dont trade the index itself, i just use it as a barometer to profile profits tgts.

#22     Nov 28, 2006
  3. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXs2AKA-YIo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXs2AKA-YIo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#23     Nov 28, 2006
  4. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=VTI&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p56730125539

Market may correct 7% from here. Towards the end of the chart, I noticed lower volume which might be a fake correction.

However, I wouldnt challenge it at this point. A few more bad reports will set the market up for a correction.

If there is a recession, it may not stop at 7%. I wouldnt entertain buying back into the market until it hits the blue line. If it goes below the blue line, then I would wait even further before entertaining long positions.

#24     Nov 28, 2006
  5. why do you like the vipers index....WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU THAT you like as a tell for resistance/support levels? thanks

#25     Nov 28, 2006
  6. ALSO THESE LAST 2 DAYS OF UPGRADES OF APPLE....are so lame------------------------------obviously no even needed....just trying to prop up a stock that somebody didn`t get out of in time.............and investment banking relationships.......just so weak:)

#26     Nov 28, 2006
  7. This entire " correction " will be done in two weeks.
    Nasdaq down 6% will grab 3% right back. Then in the slow trading days around X-mas it will take that 3% back quietly, leaving you Jan 3rd with a market ready to rally having shaked out some bad eggs- and exactly where we were. Sorry Doom & Gloomers!

Make your wish list up and be prepared to buy end of next week. When the dust settles and the big caps give back more than the small caps, the talking heads will begin to realize that surprise! small cap has been the place to be and all that looking for big cap stability nonsense was just that nonsense meant to drag some big underperforming mutual funds off the flatline.

Unfortunately my wish list is very small right now-
    Spartech SEH & Bio play PGNX being my only two-
    with Garmin right on the bubble.

#27     Nov 28, 2006
  8. entire "correction" was done yesterday..

Just buy $$$

#28     Nov 28, 2006
  9. S2007S

S2007S

9:40am, 20 mins away from 2 reports, housing #'s and consumer con. #'s...then at 12:30 you have bernanke speaking. Would wait till around 1 to trade. Might get volatile again.

#29     Nov 28, 2006
  10. You betcha!

Long, strong, and never wrong.

Buy the Dip.

Let it Rip.

Sell it Quick!

:cool:

#30     Nov 28, 2006