Futures Down Again Part Iii.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Nov 27, 2006.

1. You forgot to add higher oil into the mix.

#12     Nov 27, 2006
  2. Crowbar

Crowbar

OK, what about this:
    TrendSailor

11-27-06 10:01 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from dhpar:

could you please explain what you mean by "the $ decline is going to give Fed better options"? Why?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure. I simply think it will take pressure off the FED to raise interest rates and let them find yet another "plausible" excuse to not do anything. Essentially the global market gives the FED a face savings opportunity here. That increases their options to do something else in the future when it becomes more clear where the economy is headed. in other words, I think the currency discount is opportunistic with respect to FED desires to cool off the economy somewhat without invoking too much intrusive and aggressive policy change that might disrupt domestic markets.

With lower dollar value exports should in theory improve for the US to improve foreign trade imbalances. But it remains to be seen if this will materially increase the cost of doing business for foreign companies dumping cheap goods here and worsen our own inflation issues. For example, we rely on China to hold our costs for many household goods down with cheap goods to help keep inflation in check; we need each other. It might all be a wash but time will tell of course.

TS

#13     Nov 27, 2006
  3. You will be proven wrong

the markets will rally on econ data -guaranteed

#14     Nov 27, 2006
  4. i really hope we tumble hard, well..at least not go back to the highs. when vix is above 13 i make a ton of money, when it is at 10 i struggle really really hard. today was the first day in ages were i could use futs as a leadin' indicator for stocks direction once again. the benefits of a vix on fire is immense to us position daytraders.

#15     Nov 27, 2006
  5. what particular economic data are you referring to "that will rally the markets tomorrow"?

#16     Nov 27, 2006
  6. i think you'll be known as redstreak soon.

#17     Nov 28, 2006
  7. Crowbar

Crowbar

Maybe ... BlueFreeek... !!

#18     Nov 28, 2006
  8. i desrve it......i just have enthusiasm for the markets:)

#19     Nov 28, 2006
  9. that was an interesting move in the ym..... they do this little noise rally...and boom drop it like a rock at 2:24 am central time.....nice little swing play for an easy 20 points on no news best i can tell.....besides hang seng being 400 points down.....good trading all----bulls and bears---but markets still look pretty weak here:)

#20     Nov 28, 2006