Futures day trade firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hat8866, Feb 4, 2015.

1. hat8866

hat8866

After a few years break I am looking at relaunching my trading career. I am interested in finding a firm, most likely futures focused, that will back a trader in the Chicago area. I would welcome any suggestions or contacts. Thanks

Baron likes this.
  2. Cmoss

Cmoss

Having recently looked myself, there aren't many. TopStepTrading seems to have an interesting way to see if you can follow rules by having you participate in a combine month over month before funding you.

3. VPhantom

VPhantom

I looked at them recently (TopStepTrader's the name btw), but when you look at their trading limitations and minimum performance, it seems that it'd be cheaper and less stressful to go at it alone at a high-leverage market-maker than with such a firm. (If one has a thorough trading plan and the discipline to stick to it, and I suppose at least $5-10K disposable to match their lower level combines.) You not only have to follow very strict trade restrictions (instruments, time of day, size, duration), but also pay fees which mean unless you're already capable of consistent profits (and I mean at least 45% winning days) their combine system could get expensive.

I suppose if someone truly has no capital but has a backtested edge which is compatible with their restrictions, then it could help. I admit, if I lost my savings I'd give them a second thought.

Plenty of 100+ page threads here on ET discuss them btw, some fascinating comments in there...

4. Why you making a comeback if you failed the first time?

szubaark likes this.