Futures contract that behaves similar to Corn

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by seldin, May 17, 2005.

1. seldin

seldin

ForrestGump,

Thank you for your response. I called CBOT and they verified what you said. From my impression, my broker's specs look flaky. I will contact them.

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#11     May 18, 2005
  2. seldin

seldin

Boy am I "pi$$$$!!". I contacted IB and they know they are displaying the wrong multipler. The tech guy, says they have known of this problem for a long time. Their argument, is that they have a disclaimer on their website to hold them harmless. My point, is if you know you are displaying bad "info", let's fix it. They did say, that I "did not read the contract wrong" on their website. It's just that their info is wrong.

Unbelievable.

Guys, thanks for setting me straight.

You can imagine, that when IB is displaying info that Corn moves at $5K/point, that was pretty big.

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#12     May 18, 2005
  3. Larry,

For interactive brokers - is the big Corn contract they carry only electronic or pit traded. There is quite a difference. PIt traded is during the normal traded hours (its probably what you want and my guess is that IB doesn't carry it, since mini corn is only pit traded), electronic is only over night and has considerably less volume. My apologies if you already know this.

#13     May 18, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

You cannot trade any of the grains through IB! They trade electronically at night and in the pit by day. Ib is probably just blowing through all the Cbot data at night. Ib only trades electronic only contracts.

If you can actually put on an electronic grain position with IB and have done it ---please post. As far as I know, you are just seeing the data.

#14     May 18, 2005
  5. seldin

seldin

Guys,

I am getting an education. Last week, IB told me they traded the ECBOT:mad:ZC corn contract. I just got off the phone, with them, and another guy, says that they don't trade this.

I did try to submit a limit order at around 12pm eastern time today. However, sometime after 12:30pm, the quotes closed.

My assumption, is this is the electronic contract, and as you have said, may have limited hours of trading.

Thanks for your input.

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

#15     May 18, 2005
  6. Can you try www.5perside.com? I know they have a lot of products including pit traded ones.

#16     May 18, 2005
  7. Roger that. IB just gives the YC quotes but you cannot trade it through IB.

#17     May 18, 2005
  8. ids

ids

IB does not offer grains. All volume is on pit. We are trading electronic contracts only.

#18     May 18, 2005
  9. Clear as mud. Can you trade the overnight corn contract (zc) with interactivebrokers? Or is the bid of 211 and ask 211 1/4 that I have on my TWS just displayed data.
    Maybe someone who is actually with interactivebrokers should answer instead of "ids".
    Also IB should keep their website up to date.

#19     May 19, 2005
  10. LOL... newbies are always mad at others... LOL

#20     May 19, 2005