Futures commission rates for 60 r/t trades a month

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by InTheZone, Mar 31, 2003.

1. links

links Guest

As 'AAA' mentioned, pit traded futures is a whole different game. You need a very experienced broker with good pit positions for good fills.

TS offers $14 RT for pit traded commodities, they offer excellent service and clear w/ Refco, one of the largest brokers out there.

#11     Apr 2, 2003
  2. In regards to brokers with good pit-positions: which broker has the best spots?

Thanks.

-- ITZ

#12     Apr 2, 2003
  3. No, this is wrong. We are talking about open outcry markets.

#13     Apr 3, 2003
  4. It is not a matter of there physical location in the pit, it is a matter of how well liked they are. Sounds unprofessional, yes but they do not call it the pit for nothing.

#14     Apr 3, 2003
  5. Position in the pit or how well the broker is liked is not important in this case.
    We are not talking of a guy who needs to turn 500 tbonds at a time.

Anyway, the best solution for him to get good fills will just be to give limit orders.

#15     Apr 3, 2003
  6. And if the person holding those limit orders in not liked they will pass him. I was down there for a summer, I know some of the biggest traders down there and also, my cousin is a MM in one of them, I speak to them regularly and this is the case.

#16     Apr 3, 2003
  7. Let's say market is 5 bid and he has a limit to buy at 5: in this case they may pass him when 5 trades. But once 5 becomes offered and 4 trades, there is no way he can't be filled at 5. Anyway, when you don't trade size, you are very rarely filled at the bid or at the offer, so, frankly, I don't think it makes a big difference.

#17     Apr 3, 2003
  8. If 4 is trading and the trader asks for time and sales which happens all the time, I would think that would create many arguments. IMO, I saw this all the time when I was with Refco.

#18     Apr 3, 2003
  9. That can be the case. Let's close all the pits...:) (and have some nice electronic squeezes in the illiquid markets...)

#19     Apr 3, 2003
  10. Basically the trader will not be too happy.

#20     Apr 3, 2003