Futures Chat

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Andre

Andre

Why do we have a futures room and nobody is there???

Well, it does take a while for a chat room to become a regular stop for people. It takes enough people choosing to be there instead of a myriad of other places.

How about another room for swing traders.....the kind with traders who have more than a dollop of patience and look for points instead of 1/4s or 1/2s?

Margo, I'd love to try it. But let's see how the Futures room does. In the meantime, start a Swing Trading room yourself, and get some folks joining in. I had no problem setting this up for dbphoenix because I had seen a group of 6-8 create a regular room on and off for a while, and he's committed to being there.

What we need to see is a handful of committed people willing to stick it out to give a room enough time to grow. Once that happens, it will take care of itself. But you do have to get critical numbers to reach that point.

André

#41     Jul 16, 2003
    #42     Jul 16, 2003
  3. Andre,

Thanks for the response and I agree. Between my job as a spraybooth operator chunking green tires and trading, I wouldn't be able to participate on a daily basis......2 - 3 times per week max. Anyway, maybe someone else will step up to the plate and give it a try.

#43     Jul 16, 2003
  4. I logged in this morning (think I did it right) and there wasn't anyone there. :(

Will check back again tommorrow. Maybe we should log in tonight to warm up.:D

#44     Jul 16, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It didn't begin to fill up until later in the morning, but by then it's mostly over, so there's little to talk about. I, for one, am usually done by 1100.

#45     Jul 16, 2003
  6. Andre

Andre

I logged in this morning (think I did it right) and there wasn't anyone there.

Numbers did seem to be consistent in the afternoon. Remember, it takes a little while to establish a group, and get a flow in the room.

André

#46     Jul 16, 2003