Futures Chat

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 15, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute.

Are you saying that you would leave the current chatroom at ET if there was another futures room at ET or on IRC or whatever?

I take EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID BACK!

This would be a GREAT idea!!!!!! In fact, I think FPC would be such a superstar there in that chatroom that all the girls would want his autograph, he would be photographed upon his entrance, and that's not all, he is MOST welcome to go with you guys.

Ja ja? Yeah? Deal? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE? How soon can we get started? Yesterday?

nitro

#21     Jul 15, 2003
  2. Andre

Andre

C'mon folks... we don't need to get tit for tat. There's different rooms and groups of people. Some people like chit chat or urls of pretty girls to break up the monotony of the mid-day doldrums. Others want only pertinent market observation activity.

As I said before, we have room for both.

With that said, on Wednesday when you sign in, the regular room is the default upon entering, but we have now created a perpetual Futures chat room.

André

#22     Jul 15, 2003
  3. very funny nitro but you know as well as i do that i comment only occasionally in Chat i trade quietly for most part.

we need a new Chat Room with some decent traders that aren't constantly trying to scalp a nickle hundred times a day. a room such as this would actually be useful to participant traders.

#23     Jul 15, 2003
  4. What would the goal be of forming another chat away from this forum? New to this site...bit this seems pretty fast and not too cluttered.

#24     Jul 15, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Thanks, Andre. I hope the Ignore function works the same as before. I have a feeling it will be needed.

#25     Jul 15, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

OUTSTANDING!

I wonder how many we can get rid of?

nitro

#26     Jul 15, 2003
  7. :D

#27     Jul 15, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

Why?

If you are making money, in what way do you want to "participate?"

1) I see an entry, I take it, I post it, I take the loss or I take the profit, and I post the result
    2) I shoot the breeze, and wait for another setup, maybe do some research...[In my case, I am also trading other styles...]
    3) another setup comes along, go to step 1.

During this routine, all kinds of "trading" is hapenning around me. I couldn't care less unless I have taken an interest in the person for whatever reason to "participate" in their trading.

In what way does another winning trader differ from the above?

BTW, IMHO, an equities trader would benefit a great deal more from participating with other good traders, as there are just too many equities that are advertising good setups to keep track of.

nitro

#28     Jul 15, 2003
  9. Can I play too. Pretty please.

I don't understand what the bid deal is about setting up the room. We did this for a day when I was posting in my journal. Somebody set up a private room with password and we were rolling in a matter of minutes??????

#29     Jul 15, 2003
  10. LOL...

We should make another room...

Uncensored Chat... we can all talk about things unrelated to trading so that we can waste time during lunch...

I'll probably make more money in there than all the other chats that exist...

har har har...

#30     Jul 15, 2003