Futures Chat

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 15, 2003.

1. I take it Nitro will not be in the room distracting us with Stock stuff.

I'm interested in the room.

Is the thought to be live ? The only problem I find with chat room is non-related chatter. If this can be weeded out, GREAT.

#11     Jul 15, 2003
  2. where do i sign up!

#12     Jul 15, 2003
  3. sigh....good Christ, i'm getting a headache

#13     Jul 15, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It would have to be live. Don't know what other form it could take.

As to chatter, I especially like the Ignore in the ET chat since neither the post nor the poster ever show up. It's as though they're not there, unlike the Forum boards. Hope that hasn't changed.

It could be made private, but with a good Ignore, that shouldn't be necessary.

#14     Jul 15, 2003
  5. Andre

Andre

We're still getting some settings, umm... reset after the server switch. When we do we'll set up a perpetual Futures chat room, and see how it goes.

A note on chats... people use chat for different reasons, some to connect during the day with other people, some for a focused market topic while others to just blow steam.

The default Elite Trader room seems to combine all three of those elements quite nicely. But wanting a room that is more business is certainly understandable. I see no reason why we can't have several types of rooms.

André

#15     Jul 15, 2003
  6. exactly. vested futures traders without attitudes making real trades would be preferable.

#16     Jul 15, 2003
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Would be my point also.

#17     Jul 15, 2003
  8. paulus

paulus

interested !
    regs,
    paulus

#18     Jul 15, 2003
  9. opm8

opm8

I may be, depending on who else is in there, of course :) .

Other options to here at ET are IRC, paltalk and EChat (free, has voice and you can post charts -- from the makers of Ensign)

--opm8

#19     Jul 15, 2003
  10. this is great idea! the one existing Chat here is totally worthless. :(

#20     Jul 15, 2003