Futures Chat Again

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andre

Andre

Nitro: I care because, like a large majority of every other post I have made on ET, I try to debunk people that don't know what they are talking about, you in particular.

You know, I don't get this. DB has simply made it clear that he'd like a room without the chit chat. He didn't mince words abut it, but he didn't berate anyone in suggesting it. Now maybe there's some other stuff that's been said that I'm not privy to. But when he started his first thread you came in and said:

Anyone who trades futures and does not take note of CERTAIN stocks doesn't know his ass from a hole in the wall.

Now, I don't think that was called for. I don't think anyone needs debunking here. DB hasn't come running to us for anything. He expressed a desire for a chat room, and specified a few aspects of his ideal. I took it up and am trying to address it.

I'm doing this especially since we have a room that obviously appeals to people now, and it's pretty different than what DB is suggestion. And I also think others will like it. I'd suggest the reason why it hasn't taken off yet, is for the very reaction it's getting here. There are people who don't want to have to have drive by postings, or defend there desire for a more focused room.

In short, Nitro, it really does seem like there's a burr under your saddle, and I still don't understand why. I like the current room. I'm certainly capable of trading a url or yucking it up...

Optional: Just curious, but what do you do in between trades?

However, I don't usually look for that during the day while trading. I don't have the patience for it, Optional. If I'm using a room, I prefer it pretty quite, unless there's something happening.

I use boards to connect with people or for mental stimulation. I prefer the format because it allows for more in depth exchange of ideas. I do play basketball and soccer. Here's an analogy: I yuck it up with the fellahs when I'm waiting to play a pickup game. However, if I'm on a team that's playing a game, I'm pretty focused on the game; the strategy, who's playing well on either team, who needs a sub and who I can shut down.

That's the same way when I'm trading.

André

#21     Jul 18, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

Once he said this in the previous Futures Chat thread:

He was mincing words as far as I am concerned. He doesn't want to hear about stocks? Who is going to stop me from talking about stocks if I go into that room? What a joke. What should have been said from the beginning was that the current ET chatroom has a lot of gibberish, alot of sexual innuendos, alot of chit chat that has nothing to do with trading, and often there are users that get abusive and make the place inhabitable, UNLESS YOU USE THE IGNORE FEATURE. Let me give you an example from the log that someone alerted me that I was getting "bashed":

This man, with all of two neurons in his head, did not affect me one bit in the chatroom because of the good ol ignore button. If it was stated in a form where people would say this is the sort of thing they want to cut out, I would have agreed with that ET needs a room where all those things are to be kept to a minimum with consequences if their privileges are abused.

But that still does not answer the REAL question - why does this guy need a special room created when he can create his own and invite all of these serious traders that want to go in there WITH HIM? You asked the same question in the last Futures thread:

Or he even suggests it:

But no, there is a "good ignore" - LOL - what is wrong with the "good ignore" in the current room then? What would be wrong with a public made room with "the good ignore?"

You are entitled to your opinion and I have mine. If I feel like debunking anyone that I think is at best a piker, I will do give my opinion on the subject. That has been the spirit of this board LONG before you were here. If that is changing, let me know. I stand by everything that I have said on the subject.

Has he? Is that all poor old DB has done? My gawd Andre, I am beginning to believe someone has pulled the wool over your eyes. Why does a separate ROOM FOR FUTURES HAVE TO BE CREATED? Why not simply let the guy create a room once a day, CALL IT FUTURES, and let him have his groupies in there with him? Further, he has created TWO threads now in less than a week ON THE SAME SUBJECT once he sees that no has even the least bit of interest? You don't think the guy has an ulterior motive? Maybe it is ET that has an interest in seen him succeed, and if so, why attach the success of a serious chat room to dbphoenix or any ONE PERSON????????????

:eek: You think the room hasn't taken off because of what has been said here? LOL. Here is what you said YESTERDAY:

Further, I do not give so much importance to what has been said here. But look, I FULLY ENDORSE THE FUTURES ROOM. I THINK THAT IT COULD POTENTIALLY BE A GOOD THING TO MANY TRADERS. At the very worst, it will have less verbal abuse. To say nothing of the fact that it will likely be alot quieter than the current ET chat room with less sex [I think I just killed that chatroom :( :D]

I have explained why I feel the way I feel now on several posts. If you do not get why I am VERY suspicious by this time, I doubt you will ever understand, so let's leave it at that.

nitro

#22     Jul 18, 2003
  3. Good lord, can't we all just get along.

#23     Jul 18, 2003
  4. you are a ridiculous dude and this latest harangue proves it.

first off, you know dam well that i went off on you in CHAT only AFTER i became aware of your pathetic whining on this issue. you also know i was in the room all day and didn't say two words up to this time. i spoke up only after reading your self -righteous sniveling on this thread.

i couldn't believe you were actually sticking your arrogant nose in where it did NOT concern you directly. you have no right to dictate the parameters of the new room. it has NOTHING to do with you!

your "problem" with our new trading room is laughable. do have a life? what business is it of yours anyway? oh that right i almost forgot,, your the self appointed guardian of what is right & just & truthful on ET. right? what a joke.

bottom line is the new room is none of your business. you won't be using it and you have no say how it will operate. there's some truth for ya! :-(

#24     Jul 18, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Apparently not. Seems nobody told Andre that Nitro is in charge of chat and that Nitro's permission must be granted before any changes can be made in the chat landscape.

I get so tired of all the guru wannabees on this board, chief among them Nitro. If people don't do it the way Nitro does it, they're wrong. If they believe something that Nitro doesn't believe, they're wrong. If they dare to question Nitro, much less do something counter to his wishes, they're ridiculed and vilified.

Nitro, you're just a kid, you and all the others like you, jumping up and down on the diving board, screaming for people to watch you. The boo-hoo wallow that you just posted suggests some real problems, but I'm pleased to learn that I was right about you from the beginning.

I'll find a way to discuss trading without having to be distracted by your nonsense. And I hope it drives you crazy.

#25     Jul 18, 2003

6. LMAO! DAMM RIGHT DB! DIVING BOARD ANALOGY IS JUST TOO FUNNY,,,SO TRUE, SO SAD, BUT HILARIOUS! :p

#26     Jul 18, 2003

7. __________________________________________________________

OPTIONAL777 (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:04 PM)
    well, they are just controlling dildos nitro

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:06 PM)
    nitro

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:09 PM)
    what a bs

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:16 PM)
    plsm stop this

bdixon619 (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:36 PM)
    the new room? there have been less than 5 people in there all day

OPTIONAL777 (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:40 PM)
    what kind of man doesn't want to see a good pair of hooters from time to time, or discuss earnings on a stock, etc.?

WDGann (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:47 PM)
    Well, the major problem is that we talk about woman and sex too much

gladiator (Jul 18, 2003 3:20:48 PM)
    LOL

nitro (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:00 PM)
    :D

eatnrun (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:02 PM)
    nitro, who what??

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:10 PM)
    there is no need of any new room

WDGann (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:12 PM)
    And... Shreddy...

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:13 PM)
    but

nitro (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:16 PM)
    who bashed eatnrun?

eatnrun (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:16 PM)
    sorry, just reviewing back your message

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:19 PM)
    we need to have some rules

WDGann (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:25 PM)
    No... no rules

losloslos (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:31 PM)
    small rules

WDGann (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:33 PM)
    I like talking about woman

OPTIONAL777 (Jul 18, 2003 3:21:37 PM)
    hell there is a room and no one there, not even the looozers will go there, that is pathetic

:mad:

#27     Jul 18, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

That's about all you are capable of doing, _discussing_ trading vicariously, because I am sure that trading is not what you _do_.

nitro

#28     Jul 19, 2003
  9. Andre

Andre

We are going to continue on with this experiment of a second room, with a defined structure/slant. My goal would be for us to have maybe 4-5 different rooms, on different trading topics. It may not work. You need about 15 people in a room, to sustain a good chat, daily. And that means you need 2-3 times that many regulars to make it viable over the long haul.

So we've got a ways to go, I figure. But I've heard from enough people, to think this is worth pursuing. Meanwhile, the default chat room will remain the same. And, I might add, a lot of people like it just the way it is. We won't be changing that.

Onward...

André

#29     Jul 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.