Futures Chat Again

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dbphoenix, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since only a few of those who expressed an interest in a futures chat room actually showed up, I'll give this another try.

If you are interested in trend-trading futures, not scalping, please PM me. If there is sufficient interest, I'll set something up. If not, or if people aren't there by at least 0945, then there's no point in pursuing this.

2. Andre

Andre

Well, it does take some time to establish a room... so help him out folks. Give it another week, DB.

André

3. i'm there.

yesterday we had some good calls.

c'mon over

4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm not suggesting that the current room be abandoned. But I have nothing to contribute to scalping chat.

5. nitro

nitro

One of the people that frequents the "normal" chat came out of the "futures" room pretty fumed. He mentioned a stock and was BERRATED for doing so.

You are all a joke. When you leave, I will start going in there.

nitro

6. Andre

Andre

You are all a joke.

Of course, when I was in the main room today, people were posting urls to girly pictures. That's not exactly why I come to a trading room. We are interested in exploring other ways to make the chat area useful to traders.

I personally would like to see a room with less off-topic chit chat. I don't mind the banter. I just don't like the name calling. I've heard from people that the main chat room isn't what they're looking for. No one need be offended, and we're not asking anyone to change. What we are attempting to do, is create a secondary room with a different style.

I'm sticking with it, and drawing up FAQ page to help steer the new room. And I think the main room should continue on in the same manner... trading calls, irreverent humor, wit and hanging out.

I don't think it's too much to ask that we recognize that a new room is going to take a while to establish, and will and should have its own feel and unique repartee among members.

André

7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I wasn't there, so I can't speak to this particular gripe. But why the hell should you care whether or not another room is set up? It doesn't affect you at all, except for the possibility that you'll have a smaller audience.

8. nitro

nitro

Then why don't you make a room called, futures_no_stocks, or have a room where WHEN you go in a warning that all such postings will be given a warning and at warning #3 you are out? In other words, since when did Kymarfye or dbphoenix become the guradians of any room? If they are to moderate the rooms, then that should be posted as well so that users entering the room know.

The point is that people want to go somewhere where there is a place where they can express themselves in whatever way they want. If the main chatroom changes that character and is ENFORCED to be STRICTLY a trading only chatroom, that is fine with me, but then you need to state that so that the users up front know that and people can start another room with a more freestyle of posting.

Equating posting girly pictures and not being able to talk about a stocks in a futures trading room is WAY out of any reasonable argument to be made for having a seperate futures room.

The name calling is out of line and should be WARNED against, with continued abuse expelling the user from the chatroom until they cool down. How do you call BERRATING a poster for talking about stocks "repartee" ? Why isn't the user simply put on ignore the same way that any user in the ET chatroom does?

nitro

9. Andre

Andre

Equating posting girly pictures and not being able to talk about a stocks in a futures trading room is WAY out of any reasonable argument to be made for having a separate futures room.

Does it bother you to have a separate room for Futures?

I've certainly heard from people that the main chat room with it's posting of urls, and sometimes banal off-topic conversations is quite off-putting, to say the least.

At the same time, if someone was taken aback on how they posted on a stock, I'd certainly argue that we can find a way to inform people how the Futures room might differ from the open room.

We're trying something, here.
    I guess I don't understand the animosity.

André

10. nitro

nitro

I care because, like a large majority of every other post I have made on ET, I try to debunk people that don't know what they are talking about, you in particular.

You say you want a futures room, but there is no talking about stocks and no "scalping."

If you had said instead, The futures room is a room where serious trading posts are encouraged, and negative or errant behaviour will not be tolerated, This includes name calling, erotic posts, and generally abusive hehavior.." I would be all for it. But the way the room has been structured, BY YOU AS IF YOU ARE MODERATING IT OR RUNNING IT, is a JOKE.

nitro

#10     Jul 18, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.