Futures Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by StockKJay, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hey folks,

Great content on this site. What I am interested in finding out is.. is there a charting service, prefer free.. that allows the overlaying of different futures. Crude oil vs propane for example to show the relation? I would like it to be part of a broker, though willing to have separate services away from the broker.

I have looked into eSignal, though they are a bit expensive. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. You do realize that if its free...

It's delayed.

If you don't want anything delayed...it will not be free especially when it comes to futures.

With that said, go to FutureSource.com

They have free charts and then go to the free premium chart service (registration required)...

You can then do overlays.

Yes...there are some software that are free but they require you to have a trading account with one of the broker vendors they work with...most of these brokers will charge a maintenance fee if your not trading or charge a fee to use their platform regardless if you place a trade or not.

Mark

3. In your last statement, that is what I am looking for. I am looking for a good charting service that will come with a broker and will allow me to do these things. For instance, I have a forex broker that allows me to use their charts and I can do all sorts of overlaying and comparing, if there is a futures broker that has access to those types of charts I would sign up immediatly.

The biggest problem is there are not demos for futures brokers and I cant test their charting to see if it is what I am searching for.

Thanks for the charting service, I will use that to start.

4. If you do, i think it is, 10 round trips a month Tradestation will be free. The only thing you would have to pay for is the data feeds and of course commissions. I don't think there is anything out there where you can get charts and the data for free.

5. I did suspect this. Thank you two for the help.