Futures Brokerages that use Ran Order Platform

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Sunshine4ever, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hi

I have been trading options on futures via Ran Order and I was very pleased with it. Right now I found two brokerages that offer this trading software:

Variance Futures and

Sweet Futures.

Does anybody have experience with any of those brokers? Since my trading volume is fairly low, commissions are not my primary concern, I am mostly worried about execution and customer service.

Any feedback is appreciate it. Thanks alot!

2. JPope

JPope

We use Ran on all of our platforms, clearing ADM. Good system, pm me w questions. I have no experience with the brokerages mentioned...

3. Can't vouch for RAN, but Ian Sweet is a good man. He works with RCG, obviously.

I would choose Sweet over Variance.

--Chicago CTA

4. jlampel

jlampel ET Sponsor

Global Futures also offers RAN as well as the following:

· 24 hour Order Desk (Sun 1:00 PM – Fri 3:00 PM PST) – If you need to place a phone order or just need a market quote, our order desk is available to help; there is no additional fee for call in orders.
    · Global Futures is a deep discount brokerage firm offering competitive commission rates and low day trading margins for example: $500* Day Trading Margins on E-mini S&P, E-mini NASDAQ, E-mini Russell and E-mini Dow Jones ($5).
    · 24 hour Technical Support (Sun 1:00 PM – Fri 3:00 PM PST) - Our tech support is available to assist you with any questions or problems related to your trading platform.
    · No minimum to open an account – Simply fund your account with enough to cover your margin and you are ready to start trading.

I am also offering a special for the month of November: 20 commission-free electronic contracts when you open and fund an account by November 30, 2010, ask me for details. Click on the following link to start our online application: http://www.globalfutures.com/accounts/new-futures.asp

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

Josh Lampel
    jlampel@globalfutures.com
    877 367 3177
    www.globalfutures.com

5. Does Global Futures have its own trading desk? Or are you reliant on the FCM's trading desk?

6. jlampel

jlampel ET Sponsor

YES! We have our own order desk that is available 24 hours and there is no extra cost to place your trades over the phone.

7. ok, I am open to try new platforms as well. can anybody recommend a good brokerage for options on futures?

this is not for high volume trading, but for a self-directed 50k+ account. costumer service and execution are extremely important!