futures brokerages amp or velocity?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by snowbird123, Apr 8, 2008.

1. what kinda concern are you having w/ AMP lately? I'm thinking about opening an acct w/ them. if it's significant, i'm gonna have to go w/ Mirus.

#11     Apr 8, 2008
  2. chopin

chopin

Wow, you folks are brutal... I never said I have moved my account over to AMP!!! But, I'm certainly in the proccess of doing so for various reasons. I couln't give two shits who you all trade with. I just thought I would give "my opinion" in response to some of your questions. I have been trading for sometime now and to be completely honest with everybody it doesnt really matter much if you have 400$ margins there or 300$ margins here or if this platform is a tick faster than that one. OOoooooo, Good Golly Miss Molly. It's about Risk and Money management along with some Discipline. Me "moving" my account from one broker to another is nothing more than doing business with people that I want to do business with. Maybe I just like the name... AMP it up, Baby. You're traders because your in the business of making money so go out there and do so on whatever platforms for whatever commissions with whomever you choose to support you. Thank you.

#12     Apr 8, 2008
  3. ts888

ts888

I don't want to bash AMP because they are my broker and my problems are more annoying than detrimental to my trading. I have several accounts with them because I have trading authority over a few friends of mine accounts.

example: I requested 2 weeks ago that the accounts be set up to have login access to view statements. Normally they just email them out but one of my friends wants login so I requested it. I was told 1-2 hours. 2 weeks and 3 additional follow up requests and I'm still waiting today.

There have been other things like this before too. One time I had a statement error that they immediately admitted it. It took 6 weeks to be credited and MANY calls by me and them saying "oh, tomorrow"

Even though I am trading 3 accounts they are still not high volume so maybe they don't give attention to small traders. Not sure.

The data, clearing, platform have all been excellent though. It's just the follow up on getting things done that I have issue with although they are not yet big enough problems for me to actively consider moving the accounts.

#13     Apr 8, 2008
  4. I've been in contact with Dale Box since, yesterday afternoon and he has been very professional and extremely helpful to answer all my questions and very honestly guide me in the direction that would best meet my needs.
    BTW, he does provide after sale's service contrary to Tradestation Sale's reps who are physically locked out from cust. service.
    I look forward to opening an account with AMP(if the price comes out right...lol).
    Thank you Dale for all your help so far.

#14     Apr 9, 2008
  5. ts888

ts888

in fairness, updating my above post.....issue was taken care of today and turns out it was not AMP's fault and in addition had much to do with my email server as to the reason they did not receive my additional requests so I feel better now.

#15     Apr 9, 2008
  6. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

You're most welcome.

I look forward to opening an account with AMP? Did you mean Velocity?

#16     Apr 11, 2008
  7. So you are a "happy camper" with a firm that you havent even opened an account with yet??

Hmmm, seems oddly strange :D

#17     Apr 11, 2008
  8. chopin

chopin

You all are way to serious for me. Good luck to all in your trading endeavors.

#18     Apr 14, 2008
  9. ssierra

ssierra

Hi,

Do you think AMP is a safest broker? I would like to open and account with them but I couldn't find any financial information in their website. Also i would like to know if another group supports them.

Many thanks

#19     May 28, 2008
  10. Don't worry so much about the introducing borker, AMP in this case, worry about the clearing firm, where you money is held. If it's Dorman or RCG I would say ok. Velocity is good too, I was with them and just like TransAct's platform a bit more. Every one has their pros and cons as you know.

#20     May 28, 2008