Futures Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ace-xyz, Feb 1, 2009.

Who is the Best Online Broker for trading CME E-Mini Forex Futures and why?

1. Advantage

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Dorman

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Macquarie

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. RCG

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. RJO

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

I am considering one of the following online futures brokers for self-directed electronic trading. I will trade CME E-Mini Forex Futures. Please vote and tell me which one would you like to suggest!

The most important thing- don't vote for a broker because he charges low commissions.

-Advantage
    -Dorman
    -Macquarie
    -RCG
    -RJO Futures

2. Jachyra

Jachyra

Depends on what platform you want to trade on.

3. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

You can vote on the basis of whatever platform you like for your trading requirements.

Other then commission and platform, there can be lots of reasons for choosing a futures broker. The purpose of my poll is to find out who is the most popular. The reason at this point doesn't matter.

4. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

Everyone, please I need your inputs! Is none of you using Advantage or DOrman or Macquarie or RJO or RCG for CME e-mini forex futures? What has been your experience? Please cast your votes.

5. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

Someone just voted for "Macquarie" on my poll. Could you please tell me why do you like this brokerage and which platform do you use? For some reason, no one has suggested this brokerage to me so far.

6. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

Is there anyone else here who is using Macquarie for online trading?

7. I trade directly with MF Global & like them very much. They're not always the "cheapest" but I consider them to be the best for execution & service.

J-Trader is a good front end, in my opinion.

For brokers, you want to ensure you have access to a LIVE PERSON who picks up on the first or second ring. You need this for the 1/50 trades where something is amiss or your internet goes down, etc.

I hope this helps! :p

8. If you are just trading on the screen, Advantage is the best in my opinion. Low rates, top notch customer service and tech support, and a great client liason who will work his/her ass off for you. One drawback is they don't have anyone on the floor if you ever decide to trade in some of the lighter volume contracts that basically do not have electronic trade.

RCG and RJO are both good if you need both floor and electronic access, although both are a little pricey.

9. ace-xyz

ace-xyz

Does anyone know how much is the minimum capital needed to open an account with Macquarie?