Futures Are Up--good Long Day:)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 3, 2006.

1. we already tried that....we went to 1406.....lower high messy.....i`m just talking trash....don`t take it personal......just having a little fun.....but that`s where the fundamental analysis comes in.

The latest economic news doesn`t support these kinds of levels, ergo, only a matter of time before correction to the mean within the indexes. I don`t care how much cash is out there, when you have 4 bad economic reports in a row, and really bad numbers, major hedge funds will start shorting this market, and fund managers will lessen exposure to the us market.

#11     Dec 3, 2006
  2. Neet

Neet

High volume and no upside progress equals distribution BUT it does not mean the market will go down it just means money is changing hands and it could just go sideways.

A defensive position yes, but no reason to scream short.

Good luck.

#12     Dec 3, 2006
  3. is that home depot....not going to look it up.....yeah wan`t that on hype that private equity was "crunching the numbers" nice sell on those options as nardelli came out after the close and said that they haven`t talked with anybody. Nice little play, but you must not have had very many or that .60 cent move would not have been so small, i.e., 120x.60x100=7,200......not a bad day`s pay.

I don`t recall saying anything about home depot though---except that kramer keeps pushing loews and the home builders and they still have room to go-----but the valuations for hd loews could be value plays....i just think you will be able to buy them cheaper in a month from now....that`sall

but you got lucky on speculative rumors which were totally bullshit----that gasporino is so full of shit---they moved him from the studio---now he just gives some bs rumors---every once in a while---he will be fired as soon as his contract runs out with cnbc---he stretches for stories----his reports lack credibility lately....unless he has an inside connection---like with the dick grasso story---and he has kicked that story to death---he is usually used to promote somebody else`s side agenda----like long calls on home depot----lol

#13     Dec 3, 2006
  4. I love 100% up room to go with NDX$$$

#14     Dec 3, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

look for 1375-1380 to break.

#15     Dec 4, 2006
  6. Yea, I was lucky, I will give you that. I bought the options two weeks ago at .05. After earnings I think they went to .20. I had a sell order at .45, never happened. Surprisingly, I logged into my trading account to adjust my holdings and just removed some of the long options. Logged back in a little after the opening and saw my option was up to around .60. Immediately placed an order to sell at .65. Honestly, I was surprised I got it. Not a bad pay day on that option. Also, my AAPL, INTL, SCT, YHOO, GOOG, and GS all held nicely. Also picked up on RMBS, MRVL, SIM, and several other stocks on the dip. To disclose though, I am short INTL and YHOO for the short term, but long for the long term outlook. If Terry is ousted or MSFT buys them; both highly unlikely, YHOO would be better able to compete against GOOG.

But, to be honest, Friday was not a bad day for me at least. Asia is mixed this morning, so I am hoping for a strong opening in the US markets. Will know more after Europe starts to trade in a few hours.

#16     Dec 4, 2006
  7. Crowbar

Crowbar

You get a lot of shit started, dont ya.

#17     Dec 4, 2006
  8. yeah....i am pretty sure yahoo is going lower still with tax-selling.....but i picked some up the other day as well....just to hold long term as I don`t want to be caught out of that onewhen semel gets canned............or upgraded on panama..........or a buyout/merger............i use a lot of their products, e-mail, chess, finance sometimes.....i think that is a valueplay relative to goog/bidu right now....and it is pretty safe......but semel`s days are numbered....hedge funds already trying to kick him out the door.

#18     Dec 4, 2006
  9. I have called upon the aid of the most accurate technical analysis tool known to man.

Its verdict? "OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD."

Trusty magic 8 ball, never fails.

#19     Dec 4, 2006
  10. it would be so easy for some enterprising douche bag to blow the s&ps through 6 pts and tear the balls off the bears - not that there are any bears on this link...

watch your nuts

#20     Dec 4, 2006