Futures and Forex Trading Journal Currently Short

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mwingo1135, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Moved S&P 500 stop slightly above breakeven at a resistance level. Trade is in positive territory so I am in a free ride.

#21     Jun 7, 2011
  2. Just for TJ, moved the profit stop to 1.4610. It appears we are forming what I call "twin towers" on the daily, basically a strong symetrical double top which can indicate at times reversal. (Twin Towers in memory of aquaintences and friends who lost their lives on 9/11.)

The EVER Remembering VIPER

#22     Jun 8, 2011
  3. I love it when different strategies say the same thing.

My strategy has triggered a pullback on the EURUSD that will be confirmed at the close of the 4 hour candle in about 1 hour 30 mins. Where a 45 pip downward short is very possible and no support level down there to stop it.

I trade pullbacks with 1/3rd risk on a normal trade

It has not been confirmed yet so i am not looking to get into a short early.

but the beauty is not if my strategy is triggered or if VIPERS double top is shown. ITS HOW QUICKLY we reversed our direction. If the market shows long we go long. If it shows short we go short. Its when the market shows another direction and a trader hold on to the previous direction (Think about what happen in silver market early may) that traps many traders. I was looking to hold a long EURUSD to 1.4770 but if I am triggered I am going short to 1.4526

be back in about 2 hours with an update

#23     Jun 8, 2011
  4. EURUSD is still showing short. Will do another update in about 2 hours.

#24     Jun 8, 2011
  5. About the end of this week I will be ending this thread and creating two more.

A separate thread for both Forex and Futures for my journal. Which will make it easier for me to follow and post.

I also will post all details surrounding the trades entry, stop, exit, etc with a better format. I plan to work on this over the weekend when i am doing my weekly analysis.

#25     Jun 8, 2011
  6. My short EURUSD is going well but!!!!

My S&P 500 short just made a big 5 point gap jump at the 400pm ET market pause and the 430Pm market reopen.

It was a huge move in my favor so I took 1/2 of the position off at my 2 second target and will let the rest ride. Looking to hold to test 1250 in the next couple of weeks unless my strategy is triggered to exit.

It looks like both the dow and the S&P gapped down on the 30 min chart.

#26     Jun 8, 2011