Futures active around 7pm

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sportmatt37, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Next week I start my summer work. Recently I have been trading the YM and ES during the day, but because of work I wont have that opportunity anymore. I believe I should be getting home between 5 and 6, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any futures have normal trading hours that begin around that time. They don't need to be serious money makers, just one that has good liquidity so I can stay sharp on my patterns.

Thanks for the help

2. lwlee

lwlee

Hang Seng and Nikkei but you'll have to deal with trading in a different currency. IB is the best broker.

3. A: how old are you kid ?

B: there are other markets besides stock index futures that trade actively overnight.

4. I have an IB account already so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am going to be 18 in August

5. would anyone mind listing a few contracts/ or other markets that have good liquidity and market action during the evening? Your help is greatly appreciated

6. i think u would like sgxnk @sgx, very liquid and pretty volatile, only set back 5points spread [min tick size]. still, well worth it if ranges are good...no bots and cpus screwin' trends and slow enough to give u time to think and not rush into decisions.

enjoy

7. thanks for the tip would i able to trade on the sgx using usd?

8. i think u can trade every instrument with the currency of your choice with ib, nutz zo zure with sgx tho...i always done it with the base-yen; still it's good to have different currencies in your acct, better diversification, innit

9. good point thanks