Future trader 71s new trading venture Convergence

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by caacapital, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Is anyone planning on joining future trader 71s convergence(https://convergenttrading.com/)? I have a similar membership that I got in late 2015 luckily it was just a one time fee. The one i joined has weekly meetings and chatroom I haven't actually joined the meeting or participated in the chatroom in a while although they were very instrumental in me looking at the market as an auction FT71 was giving away that info for free. The weekly meetings have nothing to do with much of anything the chatroom is ok but I work so I dont join in. From FT71s past things his trader interventions and market reviews have been really good so if he does those more frequent that would be work the fee. He has done his traderbites for years so I would assume that he wont get tired of doing market reviews and interventions either. Live trade reviews would be ideal the chatroom Im assuming is just S5s chatroom rename which was not very active when i was there for a week(it may have just been the week). Ill give it a proper review after trying it for a month.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. I remember him from when I started in 2014.

He has a lot of stuff on FIO and always seemed well regarded. I can very much see something like that being useful for six months to a year however I'd have a concern about beginners getting into a trap of habit/dependency with chats and stuff. The bird needs to leave the nest and fly solo, personalise when he has learned.

Futures trading is simple but requires a firm grip on emotion mostly. It is fairly cheap, I imagine worth a try for noobs. I may push an acquaintance who seems weak/neurotic to try this as I'll break his brain just telling him to stop being a wimp ;) Might be kinder.

Thanks for the post.

3. I joined and its actually really good there isnt much "educational material" posted yet but the information that is posted is relevant to the market. The chatroom puts out good info I dont pay attention to other peoples anaysis because i dont want it affecting mine. But there have been several days where I had an opposing view and it didnt go well for me but the thing is the opposing view is explained not just I think its a sellers day. Im hoping to improve my real time analysis over time. It isn't really for beginners currently since there isn't any beginner material posted yet. But is regular website https://futurestrader71.com/ has very good beginner info. So far so good

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I still remember his mental meltdown on FIO a few years back. So he is alright and even teaching? Good for him....

5. tortoise

tortoise

I tried it for a month. It's heavily oriented toward Bookmap and that other charting platform (name escapes me at the moment) with which the room appears to have some sort of tie-in. He's a knowledgeable guy. Overthinks things a bit, perhaps, but don't we all. On balance, I found it a distraction. I trade better without hearing other people's confusion.

6. That is my issue as well I dont think Im an expert but I really dont consider other peoples areas of interest but since Im using volume profile I find mine do end up matching some of his a bit. Im looking forward to more of the trader talks, AMAs etc than the daily chatroom and levels. There is no specific platform he just uses bookmap and Investor RT (Market Delta). You can use anything I use Sierra Charts and Jigsaw. I have bookmap and Im getting back into it now that Im back at Stage 5 and can use more than one external platform without paying extra connect fees.

7. stepan7

stepan7

What is FIO?

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. stepan7

stepan7

Ok. Thank you.

But when and how was his "mental meltdown"?

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Maybe I am mixing him up with someone else, but I am 80% sure it was him. 3-4 years ago he was yelling at posters not to give him advice, etc. I think his trading wasn't going well and he didn't post after that for a few months. At least that is my recollection, but I am an old man, with a weakening memory...

#10     Apr 3, 2018