Future of Gen X/Y...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by short&naked, Nov 29, 2009.

1. All sounds stupid to me.

2)Little kids attempting to stay little kids while racking up more debt. Then want to blame someone else for their stupidity.

3) If you want to boycott something try the in vogue idea of poverty inducing collectivism.

#31     Nov 30, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Before the economy collapsed there were a bunch of young gen x/y pilots with fresh licenses but no experience offering to buy there own type ratings and work for free to gain experiance.

The older guys response to that was: "if your willing to work for nothing, nothing is what your worth".

Dito

#32     Nov 30, 2009
  3. work for yourself. i am retired now but in my whole working career i worked for the man for about 2 years. the rest was self employed.

#33     Nov 30, 2009
  4. What you fail to understand is the massive "financial engineering" of the past decade. I'll give one example:

A boat that used to sell for $20,000 on a 5 yr, 9% loan with a minimum of 10% down, turned into a boat that sells for $45,000 on a 5%, nothing down 20 year (yeah that's right, TWENTY-year) loan, making it "easily affordable with low monthly payments".

Now replicate that across a broad range of bigger ticket items and this is why this country is so FUCKED. It is a form of indentured servitude, and you really cannot blame everyone for participating as many in this country are not as intelligent as your circle of friends. Besides, this has gone on long enough to dupe even the intelligent into thinking it's ok as it appears to be the new norm. GAME OVER.

The ones left really holding the bag are the lenders that perpetrated the said engineering or rather sickening greed, and as soon as the masses figure this out, don't be suprised if there really is a large default en-masse.

#34     Nov 30, 2009
  5. aegis

aegis

Any worthwhile business requires either cash or professional certification, and professional certification requires a degree in a particular field in order to meet the education requirements. This is just another example of how the boomers continue to fuck over gen x/y.

Case in point, my brother is 28 and has a BS in Civil Engineering and an MS in Environmental Engineering. Unfortunately, he can't open up his own engineering firm or become an independent contractor because it requires a professional engineering license. He can't obtain his professional engineering license until a government agency or an engineering firm is willing to hire him on to obtain the work experience. Since nobody is hiring, he's basically forced to stay in school and pursue a second masters degree or post-graduate work.

I'm 25 and in a similar situation. I have a BSBA in Information Systems and I'm about to finish my MS in Accounting & Taxation. I've passed all four sections of the CPA exam, the ACCA exams, and I have numerous IT certifications. Still, in order to obtain my CPA license, I need to work in public accounting for one year under a CPA. Again, nobody is hiring. The few big accounting firms that happen to be hiring are only recruiting accounting students with law degrees. So, it looks like I'll be applying to law school when I'm finished with grad school.

When it comes to businesses that don't require professional certification, there's simply too much competition to justify starting up. Everybody and their mother is driving around with a magnet on the side of his/her car that reads "Maid Service", "Foreclosure Cleanup" or "Dog Walking Service".

#35     Nov 30, 2009
  6. loik

loik

I regret to inform you that I don`t care, I`m opposed to all government corruption, regardless of who the beneficiaries might be.

#36     Nov 30, 2009
  7. loik

loik

Will the jobs come back, i.e. will there be enough resources to go around, will there be enough resources to work on/consume 16 hours a day for all of the 6 800 000 000 and counting, people on earth?

#37     Nov 30, 2009
  8. loik

loik

The limitations on this planet are the natural resources, not the bullshit money/fiat money/manipulated money etc.

#38     Nov 30, 2009
  9. loik

loik

When you treat women like whores, they`ll act like whores, grow up and act like a man.

#39     Nov 30, 2009
  10. loik

loik

We`re 6 800 000 000, what`s right, I`m dying to know?

#40     Nov 30, 2009