Future of Gen X/Y...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by short&naked, Nov 29, 2009.

1. The "government that matters" is the oligarchy in control. "We the people" do only a sham voting exercise.

Incumbents continue to be re-elected because we Americans are politically naive and stupid.

If I were you, I wouldn't lose any sleep about being "saddled with Boomer debts and expenses"... the system will blow up and bankrupt everybody before that happens.

#21     Nov 29, 2009
  2. I don't if I'm supposed to be a boomer or an X but:
    I think your anger is misplaced.

Especially since it appears the younger generation was massively duped by the obama farce.

#22     Nov 29, 2009
  3. Thank you.

We Boomers are not looking forward to a lavish retirement... at someone else's expense or otherwise.

#23     Nov 29, 2009
  4. wutang

wutang

Not all of us believed in that "change" bullshit but then again as we also know this man was not the cause of the current crisis. He may not be making it better but it's foolish to lay the blame on him for decades of bad economic policy and legislation.

#24     Nov 29, 2009
  5. I'll spare you the ridicule that post deserves since this is not the politics section.

#25     Nov 29, 2009
  6. wutang

wutang

Nice, ridicule without substantiation. I like your style.:cool:

I fail to see how a rational person who has been alive longer than the last year could think otherwise but feel free to PM if you don't want to post it here as I'd like to hear it (although I don't see why as the rest of this thread is OT as well).

#26     Nov 29, 2009
  7. Wake up gen x/y!!

#27     Nov 29, 2009
  8. The future of this thread is chit chat.

#28     Nov 29, 2009
  9. The best way to save ourselves (X & Y ers), is to similtaneously stop paying "the note". Let the sham set-up by the wealth holders fail. They jacked up the price of everything and gave us what appeared to be cheap money to buy it. Instead it was a marketing ploy of 7, 8, 9% loans, rolling the real cost of money into an inflated price of the asset, basically front loading the cost.

Let it all burn and X&Yers will survive to set-up a whole new system. "Behave daddy, or you will not get your allowance for your denture cream!"

#29     Nov 29, 2009
  10. Very well put. However, there are some who fell for this scam and will be hurt most by a crash and burn senario.

I know some friends who are more than 70,000 USD in the hole for their student loans and are facing absolutely no job prospects. Some are simply entering fast-track MA programs to defer their loans and prevent the interest from kicking in.

But yes, you are calling for a collective boycott and that is exactly what is needed. However, at this point I do not see this happening.

#30     Nov 30, 2009