Future of Gen X/Y...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by short&naked, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Try not to piss us off. If we all decided to sell our portfolios tomorrow, you would not see the financial light of day for decades. And from casual observation of shooters at the local gun range, we are better armed.

#11     Nov 29, 2009
  2. The primary causes are the womens movement and the explosion of the hollyweird value system.

The problem we have is not baby boomers, but baby boomer women. The feeling of entitlement amongst this population set is gag-worthy.

It starts very young with even the ugliest mutant being brain-washed into thinking she's a "princess" and deserves to live like one. NYC is full of these mutant types.

I have friends who have lost their jobs running on a year now and their wives insist on maintaining the now expensive lifestyles.

Neither of their wives will let them down size their lifestyles and neither of their wives will move to another state for a job. One finally wised up and is divorcing, the other will probably end up blowing his brains once the savings run out.

#12     Nov 29, 2009
  3. You're so full of it. Boomer's aren't even to retirement or Medicare age yet... and they're "comsuming everthing in sight"?

Which generation do you think produced the most wealth and paid the most taxes? And currently it's the Boomers who are still working and paying taxes while the younger generations are sucking from the social teat.

If you think you've got a legitimate gripe, take it up with the congressional criminals.

The Boomers are going to be greate VICTIMS here. The only generation which truly benefited in our failed social scheme is the one currently retired.

I agree Gen X and Y are hosed... but so are we Boomers.

#13     Nov 29, 2009
  4. The worst part about it for the younger generation is little to no negotiating power for wages/salary. That's a pretty scary thing if you ask me. Some people have resorted to working for free to gain experience. There's something not right about that. Yet bailing out bankrupt companies is "OK" but not the workforce.

I think the company's bottom line these days is to go broke.

#14     Nov 29, 2009
  5. Agreed.

#15     Nov 29, 2009
  6. einai

einai

Which generation's untramelled greed and me-first atttitude gave us this crisis? The boomers'. Beginning with their whining self-indulgence in the 60s, followed by the narcissistic disco 70s, then the greed is good 80s, and the deregulate we we can grow our 401k 90s...

They are they authors of this crisis, and they are the ones bequeathing monstrous debt to their children as a result of their lack of self-discipline and greed.

If their savings have been partially destroyed, so much the better. This generation can burn in Hell as far as young people are concerned.

#16     Nov 29, 2009

7. who would you sell it to?

#17     Nov 29, 2009
  8. Funny how that worked for me.
    I divorced my wife and demoted her to girlfriend.

#18     Nov 29, 2009
  9. No, no no. It's the government who hosed it all up. It is the GOVERNMENT who bequeathed debt onto the next generation. I never heard a Boomer demand ANYTHING with the condition that it be charged to their kids and grandkids.

The boomer's self-indulgence in the 60's and 70's had nothing to do with financial anything. We were all broke then just like your are now. It's a function of youth and inexperience, not predatory design.

#19     Nov 29, 2009
  10. clacy

clacy

Yes, but who is "the government"? It's you and I and everyone else that votes, voices their opinion, donates money to political organizations and/or lobbies.

Everyone complains about how corrupt and incompetent out government is, yet the re-election rate for incumbents is actually very high.

Everyone hates congress, yet "love their congressman".

We are the ones that sold out our future through debt, in order to maintain low tax rates, but still get all the perks of very high tax rates.

#20     Nov 29, 2009