Future of auto trading platforms?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by paulgun, Jun 9, 2011.

1. paulgun

paulgun

Where is the going?
    I am a newbie, and as of yet do not know any programming language but willing to learn one. I started trading way back in 1985. I have been waiting for this moment for 25 years. I know a lot about indicators but want to do auto trading because of emotional stress and the number of trades are in hundreds/day. There is no way to do it manually.
    My question is I am hearing so many directions I could go and a bit confused. Would some one kindly help as to where is the future of auto trading platforms going. Like Xcel/easy language (multiCarts/tradstation/ etc. Please some one who know all this help!!!!

2. Bowgett

Bowgett

One thing you need to learn is not to create identical threads in multiple forums.

3. Occam

Occam

You may find something, but I'd say that you are very late to the game.

The automated market is much more competitive even that it was a couple of years ago, with a number of larger players exiting the market completely and shutting down, not to mention the vastly curtailed profitibility (where reported) at many such firms. My impression is that significant profitability is, with few exceptions, only had by those with captive audiences (e.g., brokers that internalize against their clients, and NITE/Citadel/etc. with payment-for-order-flow arragements).

In my opinion, you're wasting your time and money unless you've got something that's dramatically "outside the box". My guess is that you'd be better served using whatever skills you developed in the past 25 years rather than trying to enter a game that is largely finished.

Good luck, whatever you decide...

4. Are you talking about automated trading platftorms or automated trading? Which game is over ? :)

Cheers,
    Anton