Future names

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by alesanti, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Tums

Tums

what is the margin for the respective contracts?

#41     Jul 19, 2006
  2. Tums

Tums

have you ever wonder why -- ER2 gives better oscillations, but the majority of the people still prefer to trade ES ?

#42     Jul 19, 2006
  3. Holmes

Holmes

Don't ya love these newbies who think that money grows on trees and are impatient to pick up the money from the ground? <wink>

In all seriousness though:

ale, I suggest you borrow as much money as you can and buy / sell as many contracts as your margin will allow. You know tomorrow there will be someone else who discovers "your system" and then you'll have to split your profits with him.

And then the week after there will be a few more who discover the system and they will want their share too.

So you better go for it and don't wait too long, it is now that you can make the big bucks!

Have you investigated the full size contract in the Nasdaq? means less commission. Or the S&P 500 full size contract? The spread is less (0.1 tick) and it goes with 250 / point so it really deposits the money in your account.

On another note: have you already ordered your Raytheon Hawker 800XP, I can recommend that one, had a Cessna Citation V Ultra before but I like the fact that you can stand up in this one. There is quite a waiting list so I suggest you order one now. And do not bother with second hand, it is just not worth the hassle. (Soros, Gates, Buffet do not travel aouond in second hand stuff either)

Sherlock Holmes

#43     Jul 19, 2006
  4. Holmes

Holmes

I think you are wrong here mate, he should trade at least 500 contracts with market orders. Suggest he does not use limit orders because more often than not the market will then run away on him and he will miss the move.

Market orders rule! Only wimps and 1 lot traders use limit orders. And he ain't going to be a 1 lot trader is he?

Tums: we need to help him, really...

ale: you do not want to trade 1 contract do you? It does not add up much to more than pocket change... Suggest you trade a minimum of 50 contracts.

Sherlock Holmes

#44     Jul 19, 2006
  5. Holmes

Holmes

ale: before I forget: if the trade goes against you then do not get out in one go. Just work out the daily range and every time that gets hit you double up. The market always comes back to where you got in.

Sherlock

#45     Jul 19, 2006
  6. Holmes

Holmes

depends a lot who your broker is and how big a trader you are. Some intraday margins are only 800 / contract so you almost double your money. Way to go! Go ale, go!

Sherlock Holmes

#46     Jul 19, 2006