Future Day Trading Margin

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nirav34, Mar 15, 2008.

1. nirav34

nirav34

Hello. I couldn't make a trade on ER2M8, because apparently the margin requirements changed. Can anyone tell me where I can get up to date margin requirements as they change? Currently, it says $1687 for day trading margin, but when I called my broker, they said it changed to 2k. Let me know, thanks in advance.

2. Surdo

Surdo

It's currently $1,325 intraday and $5,250 overnight@ RJO.
    Sounds like you are seriously undercapitalized my friend if $313 is an issue.

Good luck!

3. oh dude...where in the world are you trading the ER2...I can trade it for $500 daytrade (intraday margin)...I would never trade at your daytrade margins you mentioned...oh yea, I trade at www.globalfutures.com

4. Daytrading margins are different firm to firm, so you have to reference your broker. The exchange sets minimums on overnights, but your broker is able to 'charge' more for that as well.

As the other post said, if that extra $300 is pushing your account to limits, might be time to leverage DOWN, not up...

5. Up to date overnight margins are available at www.cmegroup.com under "Performance Bonds/Margins". Day trade margins vary with the broker, but usually change when the overnight margin changes.

The Russell 2000 has been having 4% daily ranges, so no suprise the margin requirement has gone up.