Future aspirations/ background...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BauerHockey, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

I am new here and have to say I love the layout and topics of the forums. I look forward to browsing here daily.

Anyways, I am 20 and just graduated from CC (Jr College). While my last two years were spent studying business admin, I will be pursuing a BA in finance from Fordham university in the next two. In the last few months I have grown very interested in finance and aspects relating to the stock market. I have been brought up modestly, but I have to admit I love the potential that financial careers can offer as well.

Anyways, once I realized how interested I was in all of this, I started watching Bloomberg and reading the WSJ. I also got a few books: The Intelligent Investor, Real Money, Fire you stock analyst, Understanding Wall street, 7 habits of highly successful people, and a few vault guides. I am in the process of reading these to get me familiar with the whole scene. I am still very much a newbie, but hopefully these along w/ two years of finance specific courses will help me along.

Anyways, I do not truly know if a career in trading will fit me as of yet, but I do have aspirations to go some route of IB'ing. As I read this site more and work through the books, hopefully I find something that stands out. I have a lot to learn, so please bear with me. As of now, one quick question...
    -In Fordham, one can specialize in Investment management, financial institutions, or Corporate finance. If I am looking at some area of IB, which suite would fit the best?

Sorry for the long message...Thanks for the help! I appreciate it