Futex in trouble

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Ioannis33, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Ioannis33

Ioannis33

Lee Gibbs answer regarding the article.

#11     Jul 22, 2016
    wrbtrader likes this.
  2. just21

just21

Traders at futex are keeping the story to themselves.

#12     Jul 22, 2016
  3. just21

just21

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is going to get ugly...fast.

#14     Jul 22, 2016
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

#15     Jul 22, 2016
  6. Ioannis33

Ioannis33

'just21' can you do your magic again and maybe post the whole article? :)

#16     Jul 23, 2016
  7. just21

just21

Futex administrator finds £4.7m shortfall
    [​IMG]
    The administrators of defunct prop trading firm Futex reported on Friday a £4.7 million shortfall between the money held in the firm's clearing account and the cash owed to creditors including former Futex traders.

The report, from Futex administrators Cork Gully, named nearly 60 claimants in the case, which arose following an injunction by one of the firm's trader which led to the collapse of the company.

The administrators report said: "We note that as at the date of the injunction, the total owed to traders (approximately £5.5m) exceeded the total held in the company’s Marex Accounts (approximately £800k) by circa £4.7m."

#17     Jul 23, 2016
  8. just21

just21

I hope the Inland Revenue don't believe everything they read in The Times!

#18     Jul 27, 2016
  9. just21

just21

Establishing legal ownership of the £800,000 held in the Futex account at clearer Marex Spectron and redistributing it to the trading firm's creditors is the top priority for the administrators of Futex's parent comapny, according to sources close to the process.

A source close to the administrator said a decision over the ownership of the funds held in the Marex account will be "the priority for the administrators". The source added: "The cash is available so dealing with this first means that these funds can be distributed sooner.

As reported by FOW on Friday, Cork Gully, administrators to Futex's holding company Independent Derivative Traders (IDT) said: "We note that as at the date of the injunction, the total owed to traders (approximately £5.5m) exceeded the total held in the company’s Marex Accounts (approximately £800k) by circa £4.7m."

http://www.fow.com/3573375/Futex-funds-at-Marex-the-priority-for-administrator.html

#19     Jul 27, 2016
    Ioannis33 likes this.
  10. Ioannis33

Ioannis33

I mean I don't understand what Paolo Rossi was thinking.............that the traders will keep their funds indefinitely with Futex. From what I understand it only took one big trader to ask for a withdrawal and the whole company collapsed.
    What is your opinion just21?

#20     Jul 27, 2016