Funny thing . .

Discussion in 'Economics' started by uncleTom, Nov 26, 2006.

1. People are ridiculous... a barrel of crude oil ... extracted from the Earth costs about $60.... think about this for a second.... what would a barrel of Starbucks cost? A barrel of saline solution? A barrel of Fiji water?

#11     Nov 26, 2006
  2. Speaking of water, that would be the best investment ever in 21st century.

We need water, water no mas in many parts of the world. i.e. india, miidle east, africa, etc.

I HAVE a great business proposition to any saltans or kings in middle east or africa.
    For every barrel of oil you give me, I send you 2 barrels of water.
    How about, it is a win win for both of us.
    So, how about it....if you are still interested call me at

1-800-ICRAPINWATER ext. BUTYOUDONTHAVEENOUGHOFITOLIVE

#12     Nov 26, 2006
  3. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4563896.stm

http://www.kuna.net.kw/home/Story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=876330

Here's the stories I looked at prior to posting . . . one in 2005, the other in 2006.

"major oil discoveries" in both articles. I don't know if either are in deep water trenches, but it's still more oil.

Don't think we have some giant geothermal machine that scanned earth twice over looking for every oil deposit.

It's just like a sales pitch, read the fine print. All these stories about no more oil, it's just estimations.

#13     Nov 26, 2006
  4. for pete's sake. who cares? do you really think we will be depending on oil in 50 years?

we will look back on petroleum dependency like we now look back on whale oil dependency.

a thing of the past

#14     Nov 26, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

#1 is offshore deepwater and estimated only 10% of Brazil's current reserves.
    #2 is in Iraq (gee, who thought they have oil?) and only 1/7th of #1

In days when demand outspaces supply by 2-3% annually it means very LITTLE...

#15     Nov 27, 2006