funny. fox not news.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 30, 2009.

1. why are you even debating if you didnt watch it? is that typical for the right wingers? "dont bother me with the facts my mind is already made up".

#11     Oct 30, 2009
  2. O yes, Brit Hume, who back in the day when Generalissimo Bush was touting his overhaul of Social Security, claimed that FDR wanted private SS accounts. Then in the days following, the great grandson of FDR got to make the tour of the cable news stations saying that his great grandad never wanted such a thing.

FOXNews is like talk radio, a comedy goldmine.

#12     Oct 30, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Whoa hold the DRAMA big boy!

OK just to satisfy you I just WASTED 11:31 of my life listening to YOUR GUY.

Wow, I can say getting your political opinion from Jon Stewart is like getting your stock picks from Jim Cramer.

As for your so called facts, most of what I saw was the kind of cherry picking, taking things out of context exagerations and spin that Jon does everyday. And does well BTW.

You're peeing in your panties with excitement as if you and your guy Jon have achieved some sort of victory over FOX.

If it makes you feel better or even superior, go ahead have your day in the sun.

#13     Oct 30, 2009
  4. i sense that even you are admitting that he scored some direct hits. humor is somtimes very effective at exposing hypocricy.

#14     Oct 30, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

He also scored some hits against the White House, assuming you weren't so busy laughing at FOX to notice.

Yes it is, would that explain the large number of Obama jokes? Or was that comment another one of your perceived one way streets?

#15     Oct 30, 2009
  6. jem

jem

and how is fox any different from Msnbc or CNN night time programing.

Larry King, Olberman, Madow, - hard hitting news casters? The whole evening lineup is filled with opinion.

sometimes CNN gets newsy at night but normally it is half liberal spin of the days politics and then half some kind of" neutral" expose like amanpour on how real christians, who trace their roots back to corinth, eat the young of muslims in caves outside of Isreal.

#16     Oct 30, 2009
  7. shhh...it's a big secret.

#17     Oct 30, 2009
  8. more hard hitting unbiased news from fox:

On Sunday they handed over the first half of their hour-long Sunday show to an interview with bombastic radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh

A hard-hitting interview it surely wasn't.

Host Chris Wallace let Limbaugh tee off on all facets of the Obama agenda, domestic and foreign. The radio talk show accused the president of not caring about success in Afghanistan. "I know this is going to sound controversial but I don't think he cares," he said, before accusing Obama of "dithering" on whether or not to send more troops to the theater. "If he cared about it, Chris if he cared about it we've got soldiers and their families worrying about what we are going to do."

Wallace let him go on, relatively uninterrupted. Limbaugh accused Obama of not wanting victory in Afghanistan, just, merely, a manageable situation. He said the president was trying to placate his base by taking his time before sending more troops. And he insisted that the president's visit to Dover air force base to see the returning coffins of U.S. soldiers was an opportunistic "photo-op." He concluded by questioning Obama's "commitment to national security" as well as the Democratic Party's " commitment to the U.S. military."

#18     Nov 1, 2009
  9. Truth hurts, vhehn.

#19     Nov 1, 2009
  10. Here is just a small sample of what vhehn calls real news-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-UiJbPN4fM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-UiJbPN4fM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I64Ed5iLu4M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I64Ed5iLu4M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#20     Nov 1, 2009