Funniest thing ever seen at a prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Last I heard, he was at A.B. Watley. Not sure now.

#41     Mar 24, 2005
  2. Anyone from the Chicago floors remember "bag of bucks"?

#42     Mar 24, 2005

3. about the lawsuit, i dont know. i cant imagine he's doing anywhere close to what he used to make on "calls" he got at PTJP.

#43     Mar 24, 2005
  4. jim c

jim c

i got in on the "box of fives" at the merc. there was one going around with 100.00s. to rich for my blood at the time. wait, still too rich for my blood. heard the broker walked away with about 7700.00 in cash. yee haww. jim

#44     Mar 24, 2005
  5. I was in IBM years ago, which was right across from the OEX pit. On slow days, you'd hear howls of delight as they started "bag of bucks" in the massive OEX pit. People dancing, having spasms, hooting like monkeys. Just to win a bag with 150 dollar bills in it. I could understand it though. You were famous for a week if you won it. I'll bet there were guys who made, maybe $30,000, on a specific day, go home, forget the profit, and tell the wife, "I FINALLY WON BAG OF BUCKS."

#45     Mar 24, 2005
  6. I participated in many a bag o bucks in the SPX and the OEX without winning a damn cent. The girl clerk/runner that collected the $ usually walked away with 10% or so. I remember one time a girl drew her boss's name form the bag and there was nearly a riot....

Other CBOE fun:

Pie in the face on birthdays

Danny drinking a case of beer in less then 2 hours at the Ceres

Gumshoe, Sharkfin, Spurs, Tails

Waving at hot girls in the visitors gallery and then bringing them on the floor.....

#46     Mar 24, 2005
  7. bigbob

bigbob

I vaguely remember something about a clerk at the Merc selling squares for the Superbowl back around 1999 or 2000. He had been doing this for years and the pot was getting bigger each year. In 99 or 2000, the pot was big, something like $20,000(could have been $70,000, I can't remember exactly). The guy took the money and skipped town and nobody has heard from him since.

#47     Mar 24, 2005
  8. bigbob

bigbob

Back around 1997 or so, I remember some girl in the CBOE visitor's gallery flashing her tits at the floor. The floor went nuts.

#48     Mar 24, 2005
  9. I think those were topless waitresses for some charity golf outing or something. I remember the chaos too :)

#49     Mar 24, 2005
  10. I remember there being an execution in the electric chair, when they weren't common. I forget the poor guy's name, but say it was John Doe. I'm standing there on the floor sorting my trading cards before the opening bell, and hear the young woman on the PA, "Paging John Doe to General Electric, John Doe to General Electric."

#50     Mar 24, 2005