Funkytime in the Arab markets

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Oh the joy of investing in cash account markets...a huge part of the stability in the US market is the amount of money tied up in retirement accounts...people just can't/don't pull that stuff out at the drop of a hat because of the limitiations and disincentives associated with doing so.

With developing markets, you have a different investor profile...speculators/and idiots that are late to the game (mf investors)! Healthy and growing economies can have inflated stock prices because of the increased money flows into funds with investment policies requiring them to buy into a specific market with limited tradeable investment opportunities...

#11     Mar 16, 2006
  2. r u saying that the US government or the fed "intervening" behind the scenes to prop up the stock market is out of the realm of reality? i wouldnt rule it out..

#12     Mar 16, 2006
  3. jebara

jebara Guest

I doubt they will crash, they may correct as it seems they are doing right now. As long as oil is in the low 60's these markets will be hot. The countries in the past may have sent most of there proceeds into western markets, and left there economies reliant oil sales. This has changed and they are spending a lot of the funds on developing there countries.

#13     Mar 16, 2006
  4. no, I was referrin' to the stinkin' attitude of those poor loooozers; no responsability whatsoever.

#14     Mar 16, 2006
  5. B5476

B5476

Sort of like the lack of responsibility to use the spellchecker? What a dumbass!!!

#15     Mar 16, 2006
  6. uh?
    have u eaten your brains?
    if u can point out at any grammar mistakes in my sentences feel free to do so.

#16     Mar 17, 2006
  7. B5476

B5476

Actually, we have to get the spelling correct before we can move on to grammar.

Try running the word "responsability (sic)" throught your spell checker.

#17     Mar 17, 2006
  8. It is if you assume that the actual market itself cant be sold short in any manner. When the trader gets to working I would hope he takes all that you said and apply it. Thats just plain good sense.

#18     Mar 17, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

my point is that correlation is the last step not the first step.

#19     Mar 17, 2006
  10. good info, pekelo. thanks !

surfer

#20     Mar 17, 2006