Funeral for Riskarb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Exchanges, Mar 24, 2006.

1. :( how about a link to the controversial thread that started this all cause now I'm really curious about how one goes about getting banned.

do you use same gmail address riskarb? this is indeed a very sad day :(

#21     Mar 27, 2006
  2. Yo risk, what was the new thing you are accused of doing to get the highfreq handle banned???

#22     Mar 27, 2006
  3. riskfreq

riskfreq

Thanks guys -- I assume that going public that HF was my alias was causation for the ban of highfreq. This is the 3rd post after my official final post, so I guess I'll leave it here...

Just a matter of time before Torquemada gets his finger on the button.

#23     Mar 27, 2006
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

No, Magna did not ban your highfreq alias. And, yes, it was banned this morning. I don't know the exact reasons as I didn't do the banning, but it might have something to do with the violation of ET policy against multiple aliases, the flaunting of the recent riskarb ban (by signing riskarb at the bottom of many highfreq posts), the fact that it makes little sense to ban a user and immediately allow him to post under another alias, etc.

#24     Mar 27, 2006
  5. When are you going after the other people who were banned and came back with new IDs. I think we all know who a lot of them are... Let's be clear across the board here..

#25     Mar 27, 2006
  6. timbo

timbo

Arb can always resurrect at mio. There're no grim reapers there.

Long live Riskarb! :D

#26     Mar 27, 2006
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If riskfreq wants to publicly apologize to Magna for the outburst of insults and vulgar language toward him, I would be glad to reinstate his riskarb username. I've always appreciated riskarb's journal and trading commentary. Furthermore, I don't feel like the outburst is worthy of a permanent ban given his contributions here, but in order for riskarb to be reinstated I definitely feel like Magna deserves a public apology to set things right. So whatever riskarb wants to do in that regard is totally up to him.

While I'm on the subject, let me be clear about one thing. We do not support or encourage the use of multiple aliases by any member. Obviously, I realize that the enforcement of this policy could be a lot more strict, but the fact remains that using multiple aliases is a violation of our member agreement, and we will ban all aliases of a member upon discovering they exist (without prior notice).

#27     Mar 27, 2006
  8. So, should the title of this thread be changed to, The Resurrection of Riskarb?

Perhaps, Riskarb Lives Again?

Maybe, Riskarb Beats The System - Read All About It!

ET Is Not That Strict So Welcome Back, Riskarb!

Or, is that too soap operaish...?

x
    (should there be periods after those last two titles?)

#28     Mar 27, 2006
  9. Christ dude, you've got moderators with multiple aliases. To ban riskhighfreq is a farce.

#29     Mar 27, 2006
  10. Whenever we come across a know alias of a person who has been banned we should shout "riskarb" LOL...

That should get the birds and offending ones noticed and banned.

What do we want? EQUALITY!

When do we want it? Well I am about to get a snack, and then do some trade research, I might have some free time after that, but then the Simpsons come on and I am not sure if I will be up for Equality then so maybe you should wait until I get back to you when I get a chance..

#30     Mar 27, 2006