Fundseeder - my experience

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by globalarbtrader, Mar 10, 2016.

1. willo

willo

so if:
    1. the CEO has been running the FundSeeder Investments for 2.5 years.
    2. he's been running a Cap Intro firm.
    3. he's a Portfolio Manager running a Diversified Strategies Fund.

Question: Who would he allocate capital to the "Portfolio Manager"in ADM (which coincidentally started 2 months after FundSeeders started), or would he allocate the capital to the portfolio manager, whose data (and positions, entries, & exits) are being uploaded to FundSeeders.

It's interesting that one would start a fund, which has huge potential conflicts of interest with the other contributors on FundSeeder. Or is he really interested in seeding upcoming fund managers through FundSeeder. am i the only one who's concerned?

appreciate anyone's thots. Of course, just cause it gets taken down from linkedin doesn't necessarily mean those activities will stop. and hopefully this post doesn't get taken down.

see his linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emanuel-balarie-1b248a3/
    screenshot for historical purposes.

upload_2018-7-27_17-33-2.png
    upload_2018-7-27_17-36-55.png
    upload_2018-7-27_17-33-39.png
    upload_2018-7-27_17-34-27.png

#81     Jul 27, 2018
  2. willo

willo

upload_2018-7-27_17-46-32.png
    upload_2018-7-27_17-45-19.png

#82     Jul 27, 2018
    Joe Chong likes this.
  3. Quiet1

Quiet1

So it looks like Fundseeder had a false start with it's hires in late 2017. Their website no longer lists the various bodies brought on board then and now just shows Jack and Emanuel as before. Seems like the others left by Sep/Oct 2018?

They also had a piece of "reporting" in Reuters that they were starting an index fund in 6 months...that was about 4 months ago.

All a bit odd to say the least...

#83     Jan 28, 2019
  4. Howard

Howard

Any news on this operation?

Considering signing up.

#84     Oct 19, 2019
  5. This company is still going, I quite like the analytics provided. I get a ton of value out of the website.

I dont think they have funded anybody yet, but I think they are close. I would encourage your to sign up.

#85     Dec 12, 2019
  6. Howard

Howard

I would if I could connect directly through Ninjatrader/Ninjatrader Brokerage.

An alternative is of course to switch brokerage to Interactive Brokers, but I felt their (intraday) margins were a tad too high the last time I checked. And correct me if I'm wrong - they tend to increase margins even more during volatile periods.

But I'd definitely love to join if somehow possible.

#86     Dec 12, 2019