FundSeeder Accelerator

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by GlobalMacro90, Feb 22, 2018.

1. :(

#11     Sep 11, 2019
  2. Have you found the performance metrics / analytics worth it, though?

#12     Sep 11, 2019
    raVar likes this.
  3. Yes I must say that has been valuable

#13     Sep 12, 2019
    raVar likes this.
  4. raVar

raVar

Interesting to hear.

After my post yesterday, I took a closer look at them, and decided to go ahead and start putting in data.

For myself, it had nothing to do with finding Seed Money. I already trade OPM, and those results just attract the money. But for me, it's just Risk Management. For the reasons mentioned in the last few posts above this one.

We (I and my Partners) don't use a Broker that Feed Seeder links up with. But they offer ... for free ... performance metrics down to the daily time frame.

Do we already track our Sharpe, Max DD and Sortino? Absolutely. It's not hard. Just a matter of figuring out what you're going to use for a RFR, and measuring your upside and downside deviations is all.

But the way I've always looked at it? Everything in this business is about risk mitigation. And I don't just mean effective trade mechanics. Everything should have redundancies.

Your ISP goes down? No problem, have your load-balancing router switch over to your backup ISP (One of my partners gave me that little trick) that should be offering bandwidth through a completely different avenue (i.e, have a Cable ISP, and a SATELLITE ISP).

Have multiple platforms up and running on a few PC's, such that you have redundancy of any plots you might need (I trade Grey-Box algorithmically for the most part, so for those strats, I don't really need to see a "chart") ... and any execution you might use. So I can see broad context of plots / charts (though I rarely look at them, and as mentioned, only look at the broad context of whats going on). So there is two plots, from two different feeds I can look at.

We work at eliminating Key-Man Risk, as the next Junior Partner, is learning to do everything I do. So that risk is mitigated.

That brings me to the metrics.

Have we always tracked our own metrics? Yeah.

But why not have the redundancy? All I have to do is upload the Net Liq. at the end of the day. Takes me like ... 3 seconds. Now we have redundancy for that as well.

#14     Sep 24, 2019
  5. kilstu

kilstu

Hi @GlobalMacro90,

I'm really interested in how you got on in relation to this also might have tried finding/following you on Twitter, I hope to discuss further the process - my rank was 430ish in 2021 and if I was to get around to put my unverified data track in top 10, I want to connect with other top performers. This year has been a bit of a right off though always learning - you can see my details and record on twitter @stuartk86 thanks

#15     Sep 24, 2022