Funds that mirror 2.QQQ

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by agras01, May 5, 2003.

1. agras01

agras01

There are a few funds suitable for trading in IRA accounts that mirror twice the move of the QQQ, either to the upside or to the downside. Anybody knows the symbols ?

Thanks

Agras

2. Rydex funds.

3. shfly

shfly

Hi,

some info on the Rydex funds:

Rydex Venture Fund (RYVNX)
    The Venture 100 Fund seeks to provide investment results that correspond to 200% of the inverse performance of the NASDAQ-100 on a daily basis.

Rydex Tempest Fund (RYTPX).
    The Tempest 500 Fund seeks to provide investment results that correspond to 200% of the inverse performance of the S&P 500 on a daily basis.

Rydex Velocity Fund (RYVYX), The Velocity 100 Fund seeks to provide investment results that correspond to 200% of the daily performance of the NASDAQ 100 Index on a daily basis.

The Rydex Titan Fund (RYTNX), The Titan 500 Fund seeks to provide investment results that correspond to 200% of the daily performance of the S&P 500 on a daily basis.

http://rydexfunds.com/website/Fund_Info_fset.cfm?home=yes

Hope this helps.

4. jmcgoblue

jmcgoblue

www.profunds.com

They have several funds which offer 2x the volitility of the indicies. Note that the nasdaq fund tracks the Nasdaq 100, not the QQQ. There is a difference in performance.

5. agras01

agras01

Thank you all!

Agras

6. Even if I understand the concept, I am not familiar with ETF and I have some question about them:

1) It seem the price of fund as RYDEX are available 1 time by day for the transaction, it is the opening or the closing price is used for that?

2) On the website of RYDEX I have seen 2 prices (AM & PM), does these prices are available live in platform as IB? Terra Nova?

3) Since only one price is available, do you have to route on specific market (AMEX, SSOES, etc)?

4) Can we sell in extended hours?

5) when are you confirm for a trade, at the end of day?