Funding Request

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NASCARFan, Oct 19, 2002.

1. NASCARFan

NASCARFan

During the past year, I have written and tested a day trading program
    for use on the NYSE and NASDAQ Stock Markets. Using the program on a
    daily basis (assuming 20 trading days in a month) the program has:
    resulted in (paper) profits 91% of the time, broke even 4% of the time
    and showed a (paper) loss 5% of the time. These percentages were
    calculated to include fees (I used Scottrade.com for a fee schedule).
    The program works regardless of market direction. I am not looking to
    sell the program, sell the picks of the program are start a
    newsletter.

What I am looking to do is put together a small group of investors
    pooling their resources to achieve the minimum "pattern day trader"
    account size required by law, and begin to take real profits using the
    program I have successfully tested.

I do not expect anyone to simply whip out their checkbooks and blindly
    send me their hard earned money. My hope is that interested
    individuals will respond via email or reply post to learn more and to
    develop confidence that my request will be mutually beneficial.

To those interested parties that are willing to invest less than they
    would risk on a single daily transaction, I offer the return of your
    original investment in an intermediate term, significant profit, and
    when we have achieved our collective goals, a copy of the program for
    you to use on your own.

If anyone has additional suggestions on how I might successfully raise
    capital for this endeavor, I would greatly appreciate any ideas you
    might have.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

2. I am thinking something about legal problems here...

BTW, if you are going to have any chance of scamming people, you should have a credible email address (not an irc one) at the very least.

3. "I offer the return of your
    original investment in an intermediate term, significant profit, and
    when we have achieved our collective goals, a copy of the program for
    you to use on your own."

is that statement a guarantee? you arent going to get money from strangers and you dont want to get money from friends and family. i have known of people to max out their credit cards to start trading.its not a smart thing to do because you will probably lose it but it is a way.
    i wonder what it is that makes people think they can just start trading and get rich.i see your name is nascarfan.the chances of you getting rich doing this are about the same as you winning a nascar race.think about it.good luck.

4. bone

bone

If it's that good, surely you could scrape together a few thousand bucks and start trading it yourself. I mean, with a 91% success rate, if you started trading 100 shares, you'd be a millionaire in no time. Hell, you could buy your own NASCAR team in two years. You don't need my money if it's THAT GOOD. You'd be in a league of your own. Way better than any fund manager on the planet.

I think this board should have a no panhandling/chiseling/scambo policy.

5. NASCARFan

NASCARFan

A little research, such as a 'whois' database search, would reveal my real name and address to anyone putting forth the smallest effort. Requiring SOME effort on the part of interested individuals allows me to filter those individuals with an actual interest from those like yourself that already posses all the knowledge there is to accumulate.

Thank-you for your response.

6. what you should do is post some of your methodology or an outline of your plan without giving your "secret" away to give it some semblence of verisimilitude.

7. NASCARFan

NASCARFan

"if you started trading 100 shares, you'd be a millionaire in no time."

100 share lots barely keep you above the fees, but I am sure you knew that already. To make a living off ANY day trading system, one needs to trade in larger lots sizes.

What has amazed me, is the level of 'certainty' achieved from individuals without ANY knowledge of which I speak. If one is not interested, or one believes I am a scam artist, you are certainly entitled to that opinion, yet your opinion would be incorrect regardless of the frequency of repitition.

And I HAVE scraped together much of the money required to open a "pattern day trading" account under current regulations, but have more to go before meeting the minimum requirements.

IF you have another solution for me, please share it. I would gladly use it. Contrary to what you may think, Bashing something you do not comprehend does not prove you to be superior.

8. Just subscribing ...

9. well nascar fan its like this.over the years we have seen this same request dozens of times on this thread and as far as i can tell none has ever made money.in that case its up to you to prove your point with more information.

10. NASCARFan

NASCARFan

"in that case its up to you to prove your point"

Those interested should send me an email. I won't waste the time of uninterested parties nor risk angering those wishing I would simply go away.

#10     Oct 19, 2002