Fun with Fibbonacci Revisited

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by profitseer, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Here's the second...

#31     Dec 6, 2002
  2. oh ok, I got you. Are you buying them on the way down? or do you wait for them to break back up through?

You're trading 61.8 and .5? What about 23.6 and 38.2?

What happened to n channels? You still trading them?

Can't believe you of all people would ever be happy trading retracements.

#32     Dec 6, 2002
  3. man, that one's spooky. Everytime this comes up someone asks, "Are professionals watching these numbers?"

#33     Dec 6, 2002
  4. Also, What are your guidelines for the low and high? Do you use time? Like right now as we speak, I have the same 904 as the low, but that is just because it's the low right now on the 3 min chart. When and under what circumstance do you go back and re draw a new low?

Thanks again, as always, nice charts

#34     Dec 6, 2002

5. Well, I'm not actually trading the signals. But, I'm definitely going
    to be studying them this weekend.

You're trading 61.8 and .5? What about 23.6 and 38.2?

Yeah, I think those two numbers have the most success.

What happened to n channels? You still trading them?

No, I got tired of getting my ass kicked, so then I tried fading them, and I got my ass kicked again. So, lately I've been trading
    pullbacks and having a little more luck.

Here's a snap of how I would probably trade the Fibbs if I give it a whirl next week.

#35     Dec 6, 2002
  6. Well, like I said, the software draws everything. I don't use time, but you can with a Fibb Ruler (see pic).

Glad you like the charts and thanks for asking questions. That's
    how I learn the most.

#36     Dec 6, 2002
  7. right, my software draws them too. But you have a choice where to draw the beginning of the move from. How do you decide? The session low? The significant low in the last n minutes? My way of just the low on whatever chart I'm looking at?

But I don't like to fade anything, so I would rather enter on a stop (mental or otherwise) in the direction of the trend I still think is in place. Either after the break on the way back through, or chase if it holds.

#37     Dec 6, 2002
  8. The significant low in the last n minutes?

Yeah, I think you just have to eye-ball it.

But I don't like to fade anything, so I would rather enter on a stop (mental or otherwise) in the direction of the trend I still think is in place. Either after the break on the way back through, or chase if it holds.

Ditto...I feel much more comfortable trading with the trend.

#38     Dec 6, 2002
  9. enrick71

enrick71

Is someone able to put in excel fibonacci retracement and fibonacci time zone?

Thanx in advance

P.s. great post

#39     Dec 19, 2002
  10. I'm not sure if this is what you need or not. But, it's the only one that comes to mind. It's the 7th one down: "Trading with Fibonacci retracements"

www.futuresmag.com/industry/downloads/downloads.html

#40     Dec 19, 2002