fully web based tech software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Cabarete.
    Windsurfing junkie.

I have a condo lined up there that will be safe I think (hope), and then will leave the laptop with someone else when I'm gone.

I've never had any probs in the DR, but I'm always in Cab which is mainly a European town anyway. People there get stuff ripped from the beach all the time, but it is just plain stupid to leave stuff laying about in the open.

I will have a net feed in my condo. No cafes there. I could never work full time in a cafe. Those places will just be for the occaisional swing/position trade.

Jay

#11     Apr 7, 2004
  2. Ebo

Ebo

Cabarete is a beautiful town.
    Enjoy!

#12     Apr 7, 2004
  3. Just took a look at MarketCenter.

No trendlines. Thats 90% of my game. Great suggestion though.

Fantastic price, but for me, a hundred bucks for a workable system is fine too. Mainly looking for functionality.

Thanks,

Jay

#13     Apr 7, 2004
  4. Yeah, already been there. In fact, I'm actually moving there, but will be travelling elsewhere for four or five months per year. My eyes are totally shot from sitting in front of monitors for so many years. Have to take breaks! Or maybe position trade only?

EBO, are you usually visiting the N shore when you go?

Jay

#14     Apr 7, 2004
  5. ramora

ramora

If you have a connection in the condo you might consider a palm pilot Tungsten C (price is falling now) or HP 5555 both have WiFi built in. With the QuoTreck service you have charts and can place orders easily with most brokers today.

http://www.esignal.com/qt/default.asp

The PDAs may be small enough to keep in a safe place.

Have a great trip!

#15     Apr 7, 2004
  6. Ebo

Ebo

J:
    I split my time between The North and South.
    Occasional visit to Santiago and Santo Domingo.
    You lucky dog...I have spent as long as 6 weeks at a time in paradise. It takes discipline to trade down there.

ebo

#16     Apr 7, 2004
  7. Perfect!

This is it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Funny thing, FS is the first software I used back in '87. Had to pay $800 per month back then for the software and data. They were the best by far, but priced themselves out of the market for years, as equally good programs became available.

Nice to see they figured this out.

Data delivery was funny too. It was via FM! Also used a dish. Then the high tech form became available, cable!

Jay

#17     Apr 7, 2004