Fully redundant automation?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by missac, Jul 6, 2008.

1. edbar

edbar

All of that redundancy totally wasted if you are sitting in traffic or a movie theatre and you get some email alert. What happens when you get the alert? You have to try and figure out what trade to make? yuk!

I let my CoolTrade automated traders do EVERYTHING 100% unattended.

Good luck!

Ed

#11     Jul 11, 2008
  2. missac

missac

Ed, I agree regarding the need for a well planned and robust strategy, as such it has taken me well over a year to articulate my latest system. TS as well as perhaps your auto trader offer plenty of options for solid mechanical trading, be well.

#12     Jul 11, 2008
  3. edbar

edbar

Missac, I can't knock TS. They've been around a long time and if you can program with their programming language, you may get a lot out of it.

CoolTrade on the other hand was designed to be a fully automated point-and-click system, from the ground up. So, right out of the box, complete beginners as well as seasoned trading professionals have a well understood, fully running, 100% fully automated trading system, within 5 minutes of subscribing.

Pretty much, subscribe, download the software, turn it on and walk out of the house. And designed for EVERYONE, not just professionals.

To me, the stock market is about making money. I don't want to have to spend all of my time programming a system to know when to do things like, when to buy (long or short), when to add to my positions (add to my winner and/or my losers), when to close some or all of a position, not to mention money management, stop losses, profit goals, protecting profits, whether or not to reEnter a position that was just closed, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on. Even if you know some scripting language, imagine what it would take to program all of that!

The CoolTrade system already does all of that AND MORE... and all point-and-click, easily changeable on tab driven strategy wizard screens for each of your strategies. All of that stuff is already built into every strategy.

On top of that, subscriptions are month to month, so your not buying anything, and it's free if you have a td ameritrade account.

Like I stated a few posts ago, spend less time playing around with hardware and programming and more time concentrating on your strategy.

It's been fun!

Ed

#13     Jul 11, 2008
  4. missac

missac

Ed, Iv' e rather enjoyed the time spent developing my system, becoming a better trader, and knowing to the finest detail the methodology of my system. (The why, were, when and how.) It's the least I can do before committing a serious amount of trading capital as is my intention. I have no doubt that for someone wanting a quick solution, your system might perhaps be an excellent choice, not for me though. I thoroughly want to adjust each and every rule and tailor them to fit my desired needs.

Much luck and continued success with your business (cooltrade) endeavors.

#14     Jul 11, 2008