Fully automated Portfolio trading system looking for partner.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Sun Light, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Yes it can go down to under 50 instruments too at times.

#21     Sep 24, 2021
  2. fan27

fan27

What is the minimum amount of capital needed to trade the portfolio of strategies?

#22     Sep 25, 2021
  3. I guess minimum it could take is 500K around. I know some of you will laugh at that number. Probably one would just do some personal phone calls and raise that from couple of friends. But I am not looking for just capital. I am also looking for reputed Business side experience in Fund management. I would like to see it goes as a listed fund and get proper accounting, audit etc.to have the results to compare with other funds.

Maximum it should be able to take in Billions. Though I have never tested that scaling. But Just looking at the top holdings from time to time, I imagine that should be ok.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    #23     Sep 25, 2021
  4. fan27

fan27

One of the problems you will run into with finding funding is, from what you described, your strategies are not back testable. Absent of that, funders will want to see that track record and or pedigree of the person they are investing in. You do not have that. So what is going to be your pitch? That you ran some strategies in SIM mode for a couple of years? As others have mentioned, we see it all the time on this site. Someone comes around looking for funding without putting in the work of actually trading first. You might find someone willing to put up $500k and partner with you if you are really good at networking or have connections...however, these sort of partnerships usually happens when the trader has experience trading real money.

#24     Sep 25, 2021
    cruisecontrol likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

@Sun Light, why can’t you run at smaller share sizes, so instead of buying 100 shares, buy 10 shares? Obviously the transaction costs will be too much but at least you can claim verifiable real money performance.

#25     Sep 25, 2021
  6. Even with fully automation, it takes a considerable amount of time to stay on top of it. Some manual interventions when needed etc etc. It is just not got designed to do it a 1 man show.

#26     Sep 25, 2021
  7. Every individual strategy going in is fully back tested. The entire Portfolio Trading system (close to 95%) is back tested. It has excellent metrics. I am just not big myself on those numbers. It only serves as guidelines. But if you are asking if those numbers are good? Yes they are. Can it be included in pitch? Yes they can be. It can not be shared on public forum though. but I will once again say the same thing, the strength does not come from back tested results.

#27     Sep 25, 2021
  8. can you show equity curve here?

#28     Sep 25, 2021
  9. May be not. no offence.

#29     Sep 25, 2021
  10. fan27

fan27

Based on what you have posted thus far, you have a vary slim chance of raising capital or finding a backer. No offence.

#30     Sep 25, 2021
    Sun Light likes this.