Fully automated Portfolio trading system looking for partner.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Sun Light, Sep 23, 2021.

1. No offense, but people like you have come and gone throughout the history of the market. Practically a dime a dozen.
    Someone claiming to have some sort of holy grail trading, fixed, formula. Very, very, few truly do, though.

Does your system generate, on average, a consistent 20% return, 30%, 40% return, 50%, 60%?
    It's very difficult for someone to invent a fixed formula than can consistently, generally, on average, beat the S&P annually, every year.

For all of this to work, a trader or system would need to do a high number of leveraged, optioned, trades. Have precise timing.
    The opposite of conservative investing.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    #11     Sep 23, 2021
  2. Yes that curve looks good (good question). and That is one of the one of the main curve I look at when doing my job (of 2% manual intervention). Other chart important are pie charts of Sector investments, large-cap vs small-caps, signal types, hold period distributions etc etc. We don't want to become too skewed compare to general market structure, composition, sentiment at a given time.

With all this complexities, "Share ratio" becomes a less important metric for me. :)

#12     Sep 23, 2021
  3. None taken. It is not holy grail. Actually the starting point for any good system developer should be to making a "peace" with the understanding that there are no holy grail. (Knowing vs making a peace are 2 different things.) So there are no holy grails. There is only Statistics.

That is not a so good question IMHO. No offence meant. I already answer relevant answer in this thread to that.

System does not trade options at all. Probably because I could not understand options as much as many others do. So I could not find any quantitative edge. From what i understand, as a successful option trader one need to be spot correct on 1.Direction of trade 2. Entry Price 3. Entry Time 4. Exit time 5. Exit Price. Even if one of the factor is messed, the trade goes bad. That is too many things to be on Right side, statistically. That being said, I personally know many people who are great option traders. It is just not my dish. Peace.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    #13     Sep 23, 2021
  4. fan27

fan27

Come back in a couple of years with live trading stats in hand...this will get you better traction.

#14     Sep 24, 2021
  5. Do you have real money trading this right now? If so, how long is your track record? Without a live record, it's tough for capital providers to put up anything unless you also got capital for a first loss kind of deal.

#15     Sep 24, 2021
    yc47ib likes this.
  6. ajacobson

ajacobson

DM me if you are ever planning a trip to the Chicago area. We're always willing to devote some time to new ideas. We are about 25 miles outside of downtown

#16     Sep 24, 2021

7. That's is what I keep on hearing. So i tried different other combinations on a mini scale, but it did not works as a system expected or mixed results. All these small systems never felt me confident that it can work long time in varying market. Finally I realized that instead building a system that i can trade as individual and prove track record, I need to build something that is tradable at a Fund level and see if that works.
    This i am running about 2 years and good results as i would like it to see. I run it with IB api on simulation. Some signals I do take in my personal Real trading accounts which has ok results.

But strength of the system comes from numbers (+350 instruments about holdings at a time), risk distribution, Risk management, many other things that i can not explain here. I can not take 350+ unique positions in my personal account.

It is not signal generation system. But at portfolio level trading. I am just not looking for capital, but unique complementary skills too. May be some already established small/medium size funds in equity trading may be....I don't know.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    #17     Sep 24, 2021
  8. Thank you. I am preparing a small presentation and we could do it a video call first if you are interested in a week or so. I am NC based. I am planning to visit Chicago and NY area in couple of weeks, so will certainly touch base with you.

#18     Sep 24, 2021
  9. qlai

qlai

I am curious how liquid are these and how you mitigate risk since most stocks have high correlation, as I’m sure you know.

#19     Sep 24, 2021
  10. Excellent 2 questions. These are as liquid our markets are. Market generally follows 80-20 rule. i.e. 20% of stocks have 80% market cap. The system holdings also should not be too much further away from that, as so is the liquidity.

There is little less correlation among the holdings compare to larger stock market itself. Just a little bit less. That may be because the picks comes from different strategies. The stocks in holding may be at different stages of performance, that may be reason on little less correlation.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    #20     Sep 24, 2021