Fulltime trading weird experience

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Good attitude.
    Know there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train.

#31     Sep 8, 2011
  2. When someone asks what you do, just reply "What are you, a cop?"

#32     Sep 8, 2011
  3. m22au

m22au

Why the defensiveness to such a simple everyday question?

#33     Sep 8, 2011
  4. This is what I always dream about!:D

#34     Sep 9, 2011
  5. Then you need to de-clutter your mind. Trading is not as hard as many think or like to make out. You just need the basic fundamentals, lots of patience and discipline and of course money management. My edge is if you must know is Patience. Waiting for the right trades to come to you, because they do come! I dont care if I have to wait 2 months for it but they do come, and when they come I go in hard clean up - just like last Friday.

#35     Sep 11, 2011
  6. Ego = how you perceive others to perceive yourself.

Let the ego go and it won't matter what neighbor Joe blow thinks :)

#36     Sep 11, 2011
  7. yup

#37     Sep 11, 2011
  8. I have always stayed to myself and wifey hates to socialize. We stay to ourselves and blessed to have a home in a great neighborhood...Neighbors that are not seen and heard are the best neighbors...and thats what we have...I saw a neighbor once when he opened his electric garage door with his remote when coming home..We all have gardening maintenence in these spacious ranch homes (3,000 sq ft) so there is not the weekend danger of seeing a neighbor working on his yard...its is just great and I have no plans to move.

I never answer the door if the doorbell rings when I am in the back of the house trading...it is usually a solicitor anyways...

Just tell your neighbors that you grow medical marijuana if they pester you...or...your an agent for the IRS...That usually works and they stay away. I told one neighbor that moved away that I was a mortician...:) (I later discovered that both of them were terminally ill and moved to Florida)

Wifey and I do not like bars and we cook at home more than we eat out. Wifey stays very professional at work and avoids socializing with other work associates.

We have our animals, which are like our children and this is the way we choose to live. Try it ...you will like it...People just take, animals only give.

At the Gym we never talk to anybody, we just get to the business of training. The gym is a couple of long blocks from Home. Sometimes we will get a taker trying to talk to us and we simply stay pretty closed-mouth and avoid them in the future. I love our Gym...we do not need to check in the old fashioned way...we simply enter a number on the keypad and the scanner scans our fingerprint and we are in....no interaction with the staff.

The only person allowed in our home or our rental is a retired engineer out of work and is a great handyman and he does the job and we pay him 25 bucks an hour and there is little conversation. He is meticulous and we are both happy with the arrangement. We see him just a few times a year and he has never had to return to fix something that he did not fix correctly.

The biggest social event is when we go to the dog park..Wifey is a groomer and many people know her there, evnthough we drive across town to get to it...damn...The Dog park would be so much nicer if the takers would just leave us alone.

On ET I socialize a lot and relate to traders. I truely like traders and can identify with them. But I do not wish to meet anybody here in person. I have done joint projects with several here and I consider them friends, but it is merely professional and remains that way.

One time someone asked me what my political affiliation was...I used to say I was a capitalist..but that is getting to be a dirty word more and more these days...(I am closest to being Libertarian)

I think bridaling the tongue has been a great challenge for me, but Wifey has taught me a lot about when to speak and when to not...The less spoken the more comfortable I am.

ES

#38     Sep 11, 2011
  9. Visaria

Visaria

They probably think you're a terrorist :( .

Possibly the creepiest post i have read on the internet.

#39     Sep 11, 2011
  10. You would be surprised at how many people feel the way I do...they just do not have the guts to post it...

ES

#40     Sep 11, 2011