Fulltime trader loner?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, May 25, 2013.

1. Urkel

Urkel

okcupid
    marriage? no thanks

#111     Jun 7, 2013
  2. Went back to workforce, hit a couple of losses and account got dented, 2 yrs of fulltime is enough, realized consistent performance is easier before fulltime ...so unless I have another passive income, else will not try fulltime again

#112     Aug 10, 2013
  3. Jack, very cool ideas and gives me some things to make myself less of a recluse. I am trying to break that habit, finally I actually like the weekend instead of my former boredom and hatred of Weekends because there was no trading.

There are many projects to help with, thanks for adding other angles to become part of the human race again.

What will you do with yourself when you are stuck carrying something over you don't like? Cocaine and alcohol take it's toll on our kind, using Jack's advice maybe we can circumvent any issues that drive us to substance abuse? The life of a "lone wolf" trader, are you married? I read the second or third post of the detailed account of a trader who went to town or had groceries delivered to his house. You become distant from other people and phone skills start to falter, I saw myself in his post and you know it's really bad when you have a computer in the bathroom so you don't miss a trade. Have you ever taken a bathroom break that cost you $5,000 or more? Picked up the phone and started to talk to a friend and lost your focus only to get clipped?

You will learn to detach from unnecessary phone interaction, emails and other noises including your family. Your family will grow up right before you while you are planted into your seat from 5am until 5pm and than again from 8pm until 11pm looking, researching for ideas or some kind of edge. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have relationships that don't mind your "social blunting" personality that will come if you can avoid drugs to help you through the stress!

Good Luck with this game, it's the best Video Game in the World!

#113     Aug 10, 2013
  4. Lease an office space, install fiber optic internet, cable tv, and computers. Invite area traders to set up shop in your office and charge them rent to pay for office overhead. Loneliness problem solved as long as you get psychologically stable tenants.

#114     Apr 24, 2014
  5. I thought the recession is over as shown in the econ stats?

#115     Apr 24, 2014
  6. elt4x

elt4x

Yup. I just read a post here that its better to have partners wo trade together than trading alone at home. That way u can feel thats its more of a real business rather than "doing some work at home"

#116     Apr 25, 2014
  7. I think it is not about being at home or in an office : more about the team you have around you - starting by very good psy.

#117     Apr 25, 2014
  8. I think it is not about being at home or in an office : more about the team you have around you - starting by very good psy ( trading is about your mind)

#118     Apr 25, 2014