Full Time Traders Where do you Put Cash?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sophiekay, Feb 1, 2009.

1. nassau

nassau

come to Nassau, the dollar is par to the usd.
    one month fixed deposit is from 3.25 to 3.75, one year 5-5.50
    Mortgages here are 9.95 percent or higher.
    Four year money can yield you 7-8 percent.

I use to buy us t-bills and place them in the trading account and play off the security. You lose a few points 98 percent, no big deal as you never use all of the funds.
    One could purchase an instrument make a few extra points over the year and still have the majority of the funds to use.

Small private mortgages 50-55 percent of value are also pretty safe and give a better than normal roi.

w

#31     Feb 2, 2009
  2. nassau

nassau

Municipal bonds, state bonds.
    in Nassau a few year back when the 2nd PI bridge was being built the return was above par. I am researching now some of the infrastructure in the US like roads, bridges, canals etc to compare.

Also you will find some of the Switz Banks offer approx. 2-3 points higher than the present US. I received 8 precent on 3 yrs money and 10 percent on 5 when Nassau and the US were less.

A littel dd will go a long way.

w

#32     Feb 2, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

IMHO

I agree with the Govt. backed issues... I would also submit convert some cash to Gold & Silver - However there is a bit of a wait right now

Take Care

#33     Feb 2, 2009
  4. Everbank has me over 3% yield a year. You have to figuer out what "Basket you want". You have to research and not be a dumb ass, just taking advice.

Korona yield 12% should have told 'Those Investors" something. UMMMMM RISK!!!!!!!!

Besides, the money that is stashed in Everbank is for "protection of Capital". Not looking to yield 400%

#34     Feb 2, 2009
  5. TIPS

#35     Feb 3, 2009
  6. (LOL) OK. I confess. There is a little in my closet...

#36     Feb 4, 2009
  7. I should have done a poll. Think the most votes are for Everbank.

#37     Feb 4, 2009
  8. 7 to 8% yield?... You know, I always liked Nassau... :)

#38     Feb 4, 2009
  9. OMG... That is soooo true!

#39     Feb 4, 2009
  10. Glad you asked this question. Didn't they require government capital to keep them afloat?

#40     Feb 4, 2009