full size electronic silver contract from the CBOT

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by trader_rachel, Apr 2, 2006.

1. artis74

artis74

Ive traded them also and you certainly shouldnt count on stops. This is far from a day trading market like it is being portrayed as far as Im concerned. Most of the two ways are auto quoters spreading off the big or COMEX.

#11     Apr 5, 2006
  2. I'm trading both, mini and full size contracts, and I can't complain about Limit Fills....but, if you need to open or close a position at the current market price (e.g. with stop orders or market orders) you really have a problem: You can not trust in CBoT market price!

You may see CBoT mini silver quoted as e.g. 11.851 / 873 - but in fact "the real market" is e.g. 11.855 / 860.
    What is the real market? Real market is NY COMEX.

So, if you see CBoT mini silver quoted as 11.851 / 873 and at the same time COMEX dealt @ 11.855, it is worth to try a limit buy order at max 11.860 in CBoT mini silver, instead of blindly filling best-offer at 11.873.

#12     Apr 6, 2006
  3. ah ... so you are my competition ?

ps ... yes ZI and even YI is tradable

but you need to try to buy and sell when the spreads are tight ... unless you really think there is
    an upcoming move ... and do not care to "pay up"

:)

#13     Apr 6, 2006
  4. The CBOT Silver is very adequate for small orders. Owning a brokerage firm I watch what is going on.

Given 1 to say 3 lot orders, I don't see issues. You save floor brokerage and most importantly get instant fills. I would not place large positions in it just yet, but have absolutely no qualms about smaller orders especially placed when the Comex is open and investors see the markets running side by side.

#14     Apr 9, 2006
  5. thank you very much Ira - that is what I needed to know

#15     Apr 9, 2006
  6. steves

steves

I'm very interested in trading silver 5000 oz contract in NYMEX.

Have any suggestion for a good brokers who I can trade mobile (uisng pocket pc) ?

Thanks in advance.

#16     Apr 18, 2006
  7. gee I was going to give a nice compliment to the

CBOT and their market makers for keeping an

orderly market thursday during the plunge

but today's nonsense ... makes me think

that some of their IPO proceeds should

be used to prevent this from happening

or they should have their own internal plunge protection team to support their market

to provide liquidity in case of any M.M. games

funny ... it looks like both YI and ZI both

got sloppy like scrambled eggs at approx 12:23-12:24 EST

#17     Apr 21, 2006