Full documentation of my streak of 44 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Nov 28, 2003.

1. lol....Electric. You are my kind of guy. Where do the anal, nervous and worrisome ones come from anyway??

#31     Nov 28, 2003
  2. By the way...I'm happy. University of Texas is covering the 21 point spread. Can we keep this thread on topic PUH - LEEEEZE??

#32     Nov 28, 2003
  3. Well.....Mr. Market you have achieved some notoriety around here....I must admit I have had a lot of laughs reading this stuff.

Michael B.

#33     Nov 28, 2003
  4. LOL Michael - Troll bait! Any idiot can see it. :D

Ironically, this is how mrmarket and his threads managed to survive so long on these boards. He's one of the most "artistic", or can we say "time-destructive" trolls around. He provokes people and then inevitably ends up involving them in "challenges" to prove themselves. The problem is that nobody here, other than mrmarket, has any need to prove himself to an attention-seeking ADD-kid like him.

There are some good traders around, like NihabaAshi, who is always extremely helpful, averages over 7pts a day on ES and has his own website and attached chat room where he proves those trades as real, by posting them live every day for everybody to see. There are other traders in his room who do equally well, some even who by far outperform him, such as another trader in his room (also an ET'er btw), who does quite a bit more than that, and decent size, from a few dozen to a few hundred contracts, proven and posted live, and is always helpful to tell people how he does it, very much unlike mrmarket. That's what I call decent trading. Not "HUGE", but very decent.

Now, looking at these traders (real traders - not investors!), who average well over 5% a day, why would anybody believe that a series of 15% trades, held over weeks or even months, should be HUGE?

Don't feed the monkeys!

Scientist.

#34     Nov 28, 2003
  5. sammybea

sammybea

Its funny how i just read an article posted by an ET member about hedge fund manager Simons. And how successful people tend to shun the spotlight. Makes me wonder about people like Mr Market who would kill for any type of attention that he links his own Yahoo posts on a message board like ET.

Mr Market, with all due respect, you better tattoo your wharton degree on your forehead, cause you don't have much else to show for. Kinda of reminds me of Al Bundy relying on his four TDs in one game.. from high school.

#35     Nov 28, 2003
  6. Rocco

Rocco

#36     Nov 28, 2003
  7. I have a great deal of respect for someone who scores 4 TD's in a high school football game. Just making the team, going through practices and securing a starting position is a significant achievement. It's even more impressive if someone goes on to play college and semi-pro football.

I also think its much tougher to be an investor than a trader. An investor is required to study and analyze complex business models and economic trends. A trader merely recognizes patterns and presses a button when he sees the same pattern repeat itself. Monkey indeed!

#37     Nov 28, 2003
  8. I'll take 30%.

If you look at a standard bell curve of our human population, the most intelligent people reside under the 4th standard deviation on the right hand side of the curve which is a number significantly less than 10%. So 30% seems like a lot to me.

#38     Nov 28, 2003
  9. I started this thread as a response to those of you who stamped their feet and screamed "show me show me" when they didn't believe that I had 44 consecutive profitable trades. I guess, having proven that, the theme of this thread has now become, "44 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better is no big deal, even a monkey can do it".

Sorry...but I'm going to have trouble proving that, especially since I haven't seen any other human accomplish it.

#39     Nov 28, 2003
  10. Hey Mr. M listen to me it sounds great that you have a method of investment/trading that your comfortable with and makes you more money than if you had someone else manage it for you. Its sounds like you enjoy the intellectual pursuit and challenge of making money via stock investing. Which leads to me ask, what is it that your trying to prove here or defend with this forum? What is it your looking for personally? Are you trying to share a method with the rest of the world? Are you looking for a pat on the back that is more important to you than the money you have made? Is it not enough to know that you have a method that fits your style, is intellectually challenging/stimulating to you? Basically what is it you need from people here to acknowledge that will satisfy you? Certainly, you don't respect them with your offhand comments you make about most of them..so if it is approval that you need beyond your own, why would you need it from people you don't respect? Anyway, good luck with your investing.

#40     Nov 28, 2003