Ftse Traders From Australia

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Johno, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Johno

Johno

Hi,
    Are there any FTSE 100 OPTIONS traders from Australia out there. We seem to be a well hidden group,If you would like to throw some ideas around please give me an email.

Best Regards

Johno

2. just21

just21

Why are you trading ftse options? I live in uk and don't bother. Why don't you trade the kospi?

3. Johno

Johno

Hi Just21,
    The FTSE is a mature market with very good liquidity and respectable Option volitility.Generally I trade Debit/Credit spreads,Calendar spreads[mixed results here] and written Condors. Usually the FTSE`S behavior is somewhat predictable and of a magnitude that allows these strategys to be effective .I prefer to implement strategys that inherently slow the impact of highly volatile periods as past experience has taught me that these are the times that I risk losing the farm.The 1998 Asian currency crisis gave me the opportunity see how long it would take me to rebuild from scratch after being heavily short Puts in the SPI[a very enlightening period].I don't follow the KOSPI specifically but have found the Asian markets to generally be extremely volatile and unpredictable at times, making them unattractive to me. Basically I trade for the money not the action,it probably sounds boring but there it is.

Best Regards

Johno