FS: MATROX G450 QUAD CARDS (Lot of 5)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WinstonTJ, Apr 23, 2011.

1. We can argue over 3.0GB, 3.2GB or 4.0GB available and that depends on your motherboard, memory controller and version of your OS more than anything.

As for video cards... This is right from the Microsoft website.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778

^^^ Scroll down or click on "How graphics cards and other devices affect memory limits"

If that wasn't clear as day then try reading this for something a little more in depth and less technical.

http://www.dansdata.com/askdan00015.htm

I guess I was techniclly incorrect in saying that your video card memory superceeds onboard memory. Techniclly your system assigns memory addresses to system memory LAST. This means that (depending on your OS, MOBO & mem controller) if you can address up to 3.2GB and you have 1.0GB of "other memory" whether it be video related, onboard NIC buffering, system related such as BIOS or RAID, etc. that all gets assigned memory addresses before system memory in the DIMM banks. If you can only assign addresses up to 3.2GB and you have 1.0GB of "Other Memory" then you will only be able to assign up to 2.2GB of system memory in the DIMMs - which is exactly what I said.

10min on google searching for "video card memory address" or "windows memory address" will give you plenty of MSDN articles and several more that are very credible.

#11     May 2, 2011
  2. Willing to sell individually if someone is interested.

If not the whole lot goes up on ebay this week.

#12     May 2, 2011
  3. I think someone on the first page did.

#13     May 2, 2011
  4. Thx - just sent a PM to that member. Don't know how I missed it.

#14     May 2, 2011
  5. siki13

siki13

Ok , i was wrong
    Cant believe i never heard about this , and i read a lot about this stuff

#15     May 3, 2011
  6. It makes matters worse when you run a dual-CPU motherboard because you have two CPUs fighting over a very limited amount of RAM... Not good.

These video cards are considered old/slow by today's standards but with a 32-bit OS they are perfect as they will not eat up too much memory.

One sold individually, 5 left. Listing on Ebay Wednesday if I don't get them gone by then.

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. Been pretty busy - willing to reduce down to best offer, individually or as a lot (of 5).

Send PM or reply to this thread before Monday or they are all going up on Ebay.

#17     May 6, 2011